• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

VT45's maps

So I've been busy really stepping up my map game recently. I thought I'd share them with you, as well as base maps as I create them. I'd love to hear what you have to say about them!

Let's start with a link to a Google Maps project I'm working on (and this link will update itself as time goes by): a worldwide transport network. The final project will include transport corridors on five levels: alpha through epsilon, with alpha being the largest and busiest. As you can see it's just beginning right now, but you can get an idea of the spread from the unconnected stations that I've got on the map already. I'd love to hear what you guys think of it!

Map!

Any particular reason why there isn't any links to Africa on the top tier?

I'd have thought that something like Istanbul-Jerusalem-Cairo-Khartoum-Addis Adaba-Nairobi-Maputo-Pretoria-Cape Town and Lisbon-Casablanca-Dakar-Lagos-Kinshasa-Pretoria would have significant enough cities on them.

Also, I've been through King's Cross and Gare de Nord. I dare say it'd be a struggle to fits these on. Unless you're suggesting to use the Eurostar platforms, in which case its St. Pancras rather than KC.

It's based around the GaWC city rankings, and the top African city is Johannesburg, which will be included in the next level down.

Ah. See I'd have used that as a base then slightly adjusted for 'political' reasons- in this case 'we need at least one top line on each continent.

Another work in progress:
jbXvs6r.png

Iheg0hF.png

So I was going through my files and found this map screenshot from an old Vicky 2 game that I was playing a few years ago. I ported it over from EU4, having previously ported the savegame over from CK2. I'll leave it here for you to ask questions about it.

Back