• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Moon Is Red: Apple TV does AH.

Have moon landing theories been touched upon here? Something which I've always thought is that, if the Soviets had landed on the moon first, provided that the US ends up not landing on the moon at all then moon landing theories will became slightly more mainstream, being seen as fervent jingoism rather then being seen as a sign of nuttery.

Watching Season 1 in segments, and noticed something small yet still noteworthy: In one episode with von Braun, he mentions what I think is a son, going to Disneyland, who has a different name than the one he had in OTL (doubt it's a grandson, unless maybe by his first daughter, Iris, but haven't found anything that might confirm this), and also perhaps a different wife. Further use of AH, or a (very minor) gaffe? Whichever it might be, the series as a whole is still phenomenal; on the last two S1 episodes right now, and can't wait to start S2!

Finally started Season 2 recently, and the AH newsreel was a great hook! One minor quibble: Did anyone else catch whom Reagan narrowly defeated in the AH 1980 election? All I caught was "Senator", and the OTL list of candidates only listed Ted Kennedy with that title.
It was Mondale.

Finished Season 2 at last, not long ago...damn. Great visuals and plots (even the soapier bits got wrapped up decently), and the overall AH setting continues to enthrall. Only (microscopic) quibble is with some of the music choices; not sure about the Lennon and Nirvana songs for the last episode, although the latter might've just been to set the atmosphere for the next time jump.

Back