• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The First HoS List Challenge

The First HoS List Challenge

• Time Enough (UK)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Japhy (US)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • The Red (Poland)

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Mumby (International Brigades)

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Charles EP M. (Italy)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Cevolian (Japan)

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Thank you all for your patience. The poll is now up. When it has concluded, it will be replaced with a short poll on the length of future contests, but in the meantime feel free to use this thread to suggest potential themes for the next challenge.

How about something revolving around 1956? That was a pretty eventful year-Suez,the Hungarian Revolution,the election of Habib Bourguiba etc.

That or 1979,that was a pretty eventful year as well.

Maybe a broader theme, rather than a year? Perhaps a phrase that suggests a particular year but could be taken more abstractly?

'Summer of Love,' 'Cultural Revolution,' 'Springtime of Nations,' that sort of thing.

Congratulations to @The Red and @Mumby who share first place in this first challenge!

Would it be possible for a mod to delete the poll currently on this thread so I can create another one?
Might it be worth sharing that the poll is up for the next one (when it is) in the proper list thread? It strikes me that there’s a lot of people there who’d be interested in this sort of thing who might not know about it!

Congratulations to @The Red and @Mumby who share first place in this first challenge!

Would it be possible for a mod to delete the poll currently on this thread so I can create another one?

Thanks for your votes everybody, congratulations to @The Red, and wow what a start to what I hope becomes a lengthy SLP tradition!

Seems like a tie is a fine way to end..congrats to both of you guys.

Thanks for your votes everybody, congratulations to @The Red, and wow what a start to what I hope becomes a lengthy SLP tradition!

Thanks guys and congratulations Bob! I agree that this was a fine start to what will hopefully become a fun staple of the forum.

Voting on themes seems like a bit much. I'd say take suggestions from winners and just post your own ideas. The key thing I think is regularity in getting the next one going like the Vignettes do.

Yeah, for timeliness' sake, we'll need the parameters for a new challenge by the 5th of this month - which isn't really long enough to put together a poll and vote on it.

Back