• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Space TLs - for the common man - needs tips and advice.

Archibald

Patreon supporter
This adress to non die-hard fans of the space program, with basic or reasonnable knowledge of space matters.

I also deals with hard space TLs, I mean rooted in the space program as it happened, 1957 - 2017.

In ten years at AH.com I felt that space TLs were a class on their own. Sure, the board members are pretty obsessed with nuclear war, and WWII, and WWI, and Richard Nixon, but still.
Writting on the space program is not easy. I feel there are a lot of hurdles.
- How do you explain space travel without too much maths and numbers ?
- how about technical detail ? they make reading more difficult. There is also NASA chronical illness: accronyms. LEO and ECLSS, for a start.

So, at the end of the day, to you "ordinary readers" (no space addicts) what do you expect from a space TL ? what makes reading easier, or trickier ?

I'm asking about this because I'm currently facing a big conundrum. I have a giganormous, sprawling space TL I've been writting for the last 10 years. I'm currently in a major review / retcon, cutting as much stuff as possible to try it to make it more "digestible" with the goal of publishing it... someday.

If you want a taste of the thing, part of it is stuck at AH.com

https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...e-high-frontier-a-big-gemini-space-tl.366697/

Last edited:
Back