• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Sea Lion Press expands beyond Amazon

A good move, not sure about the market share of Amazon vs. other platforms (though I'd presume the former have the lion's share) but it will be beneficial to gain exposure to a much wider audience.

A sensible move, for sure. While obviously those platforms are a lot smaller than Amazon, it certainly makes sense to move onto them.

Wonderful news - well done Tom and, as always, thanks for all your efforts on our behalf!

This is cool.

What ebook platforms are other people using? I hate getting them on Amazon and would be happy to switch. This feels very much like a @Skinny87 question *sends up the Tank signal*

This is cool.

What ebook platforms are other people using? I hate getting them on Amazon and would be happy to switch. This feels very much like a @Skinny87 question *sends up the Tank signal*

Nook and Kobo are the main competitors as far as I'm aware, but beware that with Barnes & Noble likely to go into administration soon, Nook is probably going to be dead in the water if not removed completely.

I didn't know Nook was still going to be honest - IIRC it was big in the mid-2000s in America before Amazon got going, but then it got squashed like Netscape was by Internet Explorer.

Kobo used to be in Waterstone's but they've been quiet for a while as well.

There's been something of a push in indie circles, especially amongst RPG sites, to have either multiple options when purchasing a title (.mobi, .nook etc) or to go straight to pdf

How will payments from these 'new' sources fit in (or not) with existing 'Payday' arrangements? And what percentage of cover price will they take?

Back