• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Sea Lion OOB & Other Info

Skinny87

en.wiki veteran (Airborne Warfare Wikistar)
Patreon supporter
Published by SLP
Pronouns
He/Him
Where would be the best place - ideally online - to find any proposed Orders of Battle for the Sea Lion landings? Preferably including potential landing sites and which divisions would have been assigned to which areas.

Also the kit of a German Landser in 1940

I've found Naval History.net really useful for RN stuff - through I guess you're maybe just looking for the German side of things at this point?

Potentially useful:

Various RN Home Commands and Fleets OOB

RN Ships damaged or sunk by enemy action 1939-1945

RN Minelaying operations - because I'm sure you want the Germans to have the best possible invasion routes. Best for us.

Admiralty War Diaries - what looks like a ton of very granular detail.

Battle of Britain - with monthly loss stats

Maps - mostly from British perspective, and sadly nothing for hypothetical campaigns.

I'll be doing research on the Kaiserlichemarine at some point, and as with British sources I imagine there's a an order of magnitude more info out there for WWII than for 1890, so I'll shout you if I come across anything relevant.

Also I hope this means you're considering writing something long form? I sense that would be a very commercially wise decision.

I've found Naval History.net really useful for RN stuff - through I guess you're maybe just looking for the German side of things at this point?

Potentially useful:

Various RN Home Commands and Fleets OOB

RN Ships damaged or sunk by enemy action 1939-1945

RN Minelaying operations - because I'm sure you want the Germans to have the best possible invasion routes. Best for us.

Admiralty War Diaries - what looks like a ton of very granular detail.

Battle of Britain - with monthly loss stats

Maps - mostly from British perspective, and sadly nothing for hypothetical campaigns.

I'll be doing research on the Kaiserlichemarine at some point, and as with British sources I imagine there's a an order of magnitude more info out there for WWII than for 1890, so I'll shout you if I come across anything relevant.
Also I hope this means you're considering writing something long form? I sense that would be a very commercially wise decision.

Man, you know, I'd love to write something long-term, maybe even write a novella expanding Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, but that's years off at the moment unfortunately, due to family issues and consequent lack of time

What isn't off the table is my Holy Grail - my video series called The Beaches of Operation Sea Lion. A POV look at the invasion beaches and what it would been like for the German soldiers landing on them.

This info is so I can try and put together a very loose script (likely more bullet-points) that I can use for a proof of concept video, using my Brother in Law as a cameraman, and using Eastbourne beach as the initial concept.

Aiming for Summer/Autumn 2019 - maybe.

Back