• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Review wanted: Lenin Lives!: Reimagining the Russian Revolution 1917-2017

Hendryk

Taken back control yet?
Published by SLP
Scott "Faeelin" Blair has just brought my attention to Lenin Lives!: Reimagining the Russian Revolution 1917-2017 by Philip Cunliffe, a book that explores an ATL in which Communism successfully spreads outside of Russia during Lenin's lifetime and actually lives up to its utopian premises. Since there are few commercial works of AH that embrace an openly Marxist reading of history, I'm curious about this one. If somebody here happens to have read it, a review would be appreciated, if only to make sure that the author doesn't let his political ideals get in the way of the story--if this is simply the left-wing answer to L. Neil Smith's Objectivist author tracts, then it's a wasted opportunity.

51Y%2BFtAsbWL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'll take a look and are how much a copy is, but I'm suddenly very into writing vignettes so it might be a while

I’ve bought it but it might be some time before I get a chance to read it as I’m binging John LeCarre at the moment

I saw this at the Globe in Prague... I admit that reading the blurb on the back I laughed so hard everyone looked at me. The reason being: you need a different Lenin to get that expansion and success without Kulak Orders and the like...

Shame, a decent take on Lenin living longer would be fascinating :)

Back