• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Review - Alternate Peace; Steven H Silver & Joshua Palmatier (eds.), Zombies Need Brains

Thanks for posting this @AndyC - an intriguing take on the genre, looking at stories based on peacetime situations

A lot of them worked, and a few didn't, bit overall it's an enjoyable anthology - including a story by @DaleCoz though I didn't know who he was at the time!

Thanks for posting this @AndyC - an intriguing take on the genre, looking at stories based on peacetime situations

A lot of them worked, and a few didn't, bit overall it's an enjoyable anthology - including a story by @DaleCoz though I didn't know who he was at the time!
I'd be interested in reading @DaleCoz 's narrative fiction as I've only seen his timeline-format pieces.

I'm bemused by how many of the reviews of this book on Amazon basically say that the anthology is rubbish because it doesn't recognise the glory of Donald J Trump.

I won't lie, that did factor into asking for a review copy, just to see what Turtledove had written

I'd come across this anthology a while ago, but had completely forgotten that it was coming out this month! Is there any indication whether this is a one-off project, or if it'll be a regular collection like Year's Best SF? If not, perhaps some of us could collaborate on one (or more) here?

I'd come across this anthology a while ago, but had completely forgotten that it was coming out this month! Is there any indication whether this is a one-off project, or if it'll be a regular collection like Year's Best SF? If not, perhaps some of us could collaborate on one (or more) here?

A one-off as far as I know - ZNB as a publisher do a lot of quirky anthologies - they're Kickstarting another three at the moment

A one-off as far as I know - ZNB as a publisher do a lot of quirky anthologies - they're Kickstarting another three at the moment

Makes sense. A lot of short story collections have a flat payment per story, and at 3-10 cents a word as US industry standard it adds up quick. Then there's paying for a proofer, cover artist, the poor bastard setting the type... by the end, the editor is looking at pennies for the inserted dollar.

Back