• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Republican China

Roger II

I've lost track-has someone done a TL and/or a proper SLP-published novel with a surviving Chinese Republic?

You could be thinking of Superpower China by David Wostyn. I got a copy for Christmas but haven't read it yet.

Superpower China isn't about the Republic, though, it's a new empire under a constitutional monarchy. Outside it there's a bunch of other works that feature the Republic of China surviving in one form or another, but are usually secondary to their main focus one way or another. There's more ROC-focused timelines on The Other Place, but those aren't SLP either.

You could be thinking of Superpower China by David Wostyn. I got a copy for Christmas but haven't read it yet.
When you do, let me know what you think of it, I'm interested in reader feedback (and like every one of us here I also very much appreciate when a review is posted on Amazon) :)

A second volume will be published eventually, but I haven't made much progress on it lately.

Fantastical as in fantasy.
That's a rather... strong word for a work in which a lot of effort went into staying within the bounds of plausibility. It's not something that had been said about it as far as I'm aware, which makes me all the more interested in hearing your point of view. Where do you think it strays into fantasy?

Back