• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Prequel Problems: Star Trek Double Helix

As I assume Gary wasn't able to get copyright-free images of the individual book covers, here they are:

ST Double Helix.jpg

For the last one, "The First Virtue", that's actually a revised cover; I mentioned in the article that the original one mistakenly had Tuvok with Beverly Crusher, when the book mostly stars Tuvok and Jack Crusher working together:

1626688170823.png

So, obviously, Pocket Books did a new one which still incorrectly has Beverly but now it has young Picard instead of Tuvok. Amazing. It also happens to take the only non-white character on the covers away (unless you count Chakotay) but I assume that was more an incidental piece of stupidity.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Peter David just didn't bother to check in on what anyone else was doing.
I do get the impression he saw it more as another part in his New Frontier series that happened to link slightly with everything else.

He took the same attitude in the 'Captain's Table' books, but that was OK as they weren't meant to link together beyond the setting conceit.

Back