• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

PODs of the Thirty Years War XXXIX

It's fascinating how many names I know from Ring of Fire and how their trajectories wildly differed, while their characters and qualities did not.

Also, Turenne and Grand Condé (fine, Enghien at the time) ahoy! this is gonna get dicey for the others.

It's fascinating how many names I know from Ring of Fire and how their trajectories wildly differed, while their characters and qualities did not.

Also, Turenne and Grand Condé (fine, Enghien at the time) ahoy! this is gonna get dicey for the others.

It really does feel like a bit of a late burst of 'oh hey, big name generals' compared to the 1632-1645 period.

Is that just because generals in this part of the war had a better chance of surviving to be involved in future wars and politics?

I think it's more that it's because they're French and Spanish and thus mostly end up spending the next few decades fighting elsewhere.

Back