• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Piracy site?

I kinda assumed all the associated places like Amazon and Kobo were in English, but I'm not sure.

https://gsm-uk.co.uk/B07L26SQZ1-shadow-of-montreux-a-brief.html

I also found an Hungarian site, but I'm unsure, that one might be legit.

https://www.dr.com.tr/ekitap/shadow-of-montreux

Also, how do I get one of those "Published by SLP" signs?
Sadly this happens. We do have DRM enabled on all our books but I'd be a fool to believe that it's unbreakable. The second one looks legit, I think it's an 'expanded distribution' store we work with via Draft2Digital. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Yes, all our books are available there except the ones we haven't put on Draft2Digital, and it's using the legit data and descriptions we've given to Draft2Digital. We should be okay.

Last edited:
I think @Meadow sorts them if you PM him.

Not sure what to suggest about the pirates.

Having seen a lot of piracy issues while reviewing Horror books, unfortunately I'm afraid you're right. Various takedown requests can be sent to these sites, but they're so time-consuming they never Sam to be worth it, as they pop up again days or even hours later

I saw what I think was pirated pdfs of The Twilight's Last Gleaming while searching the other day, but to be honest there's only so outraged I can feel when I did post the original drafts on a semi-public forum.
In the same vein, I hope you don't mind me archiving the original Look to the West threads on the Wayback Machine :p

The fact that you can buy pirated copies of Not An English Word on a Hungarian website is a bit discombobulating for me, because of the mere fact that I am mentioned as one of the people Thande thanks in the introduction.

There exists pirated versions of a book in which I am (however briefly) mentioned by name on a Hungarian website is a thought that for some reason causes me to begin to question the very fabric of my existence.

Back