• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Perse's Graphics and Gubbinz

Which frontispiece should I use?

• Version 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Power Couple of the Far Eastern State
Well folks, I've got a special treat for you tonight. Boys, Gals, and Non-binary pals, I present to you the power couple of the Japanese-aligned Far Eastern State, the Bloody Baron himself and his equally illustrious bride, the Joan of Arc of Manchuria, as well as some other related things in the FES. I haven't decided whether I'll use this in the timeline just yet, but it's the sort of pulpy fever dream that I want OPAS to be known for, to be honest. The patchwork image isn't the best, but seeing as how I don't have photoshop and have zero knowledge of how to use GIMP, it's the best I can do.

Far Eastern Republic Marriage.jpg

Baron Roman von Ungern-Sternberg and his bride, Aisin Gioro Xianyu (better known as Yoshiko Kawashima) in 1927. What was first a marriage of convenience between the Baron and the Qing princess after the death of the Baron's first wife soon blossomed into a true romance as the Baron was taken by his new bride's dominant and passionate personality, beautiful appearance, and her dashing nature. Truly, a match made in hell.

ungern 2.jpg 1605760227712.png

Left: Baron von Ungern-Sternberg leaving his headquarters in the capital of the Far Eastern State, Vladivostok, flanked by one of his underlings.

Right: The Baroness Aisin-Gioro (the Baroness preferred to keep her maiden name rather than take her husband's, much to his amusement, dressed in the military uniform of the Far Eastern State.

1605760727497.png

Konstantin Rodzaevsky, subordinate of the Baron and chief ideologue of the Far Eastern State. Amusingly, he was first brought on as the chauffeur of the Baroness, who noted his devotion to the Far Eastern State and recommended him to her husband. Rodzaevsky would go on to become one of the Baron's most trusted underlings alongside his veteran commanders from Mongolia.

1605761118066.png

The Imperial Club in Vladivostok, headquarters of the Baron and seat of government for the Far Eastern State. It was Rodzaevsky who suggested that the Baron display the mystical swastika in glorious neon as a show of strength and the undying defiance of the Far Eastern State. A similar structure would be erected atop the Russian Club in Manchouli, at least a mile from the Soviet border.

1605761947062.png rezukhin.png

Left: Ferdynand Ossendowski, Polish adventurer, anti-Communist, political advisor to the Baron, and the head of the Hoankyoku, the Far Eastern State's secret police/intelligence agency. It was Ossendowski who managed to gain the support of the Japanese Empire on behalf of the Far Eastern Republic, much to the consternation of the Soviet Union.

Right: Boris Rezhukin, Far Eastern general and the Baron's second in command, a brutal man with a penchant for bloodshed.

1605762884170.png 1605763298722.png

Left: Nikolai Kazagrandi, Far Eastern general and White Russian exile. One of the Baron's many subordinates who followed him into service in the Far Eastern State.

Right: Ataman Grigory Semyonov, Ataman of the Baikal Cossacks, Baron von Ungern-Sternberg's friend and superior officer, and the first ruler of the Far Eastern State. Rumors that he was poisoned in 1927 by the Baroness on her husband's behalf in order for the ambitious pair to seize power for themselves are nothing more than unsubstantiated Communist misinformation.

Attachments

• 1605762823775.png
    1605762823775.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oooh, the American South as 70s Italy? Or something else?
Not quite, but very much the same sort of vibe/milieu as the Years of Lead. I might have to rework the idea a bit to make it make sense but the gist of it was to have a defeated and integrated CSA (which won the first time around) as a unified Germany analogue and the assassination of a Detlev Rohwedder analogue.

British Carnaristi
Just some quick and dirty alterations of a party symbol and flag, said party being the British Carnaristi/British Carnarists formed by Rotha Lintorn-Orman.

British Carnaristi 1.png

Party symbol and flag of the British Carnaristi/British Carnarists, an ultra-royalist, imperialist, and self-declared "British Carnarist" political party founded by Rotha Lintorn-Orman in the spirit of Carnarist Italy.

British Carnaristi 2.jpg

Beasts of Berlin Cover Image
Here's a cover image for a short story/novella thing set in OPAS' Weimar Berlin that I'm hoping to write at some point in the near-future. Based off of a 1939 poster by Jupp Wiertz, Berlin at Night.

Beasts of Berlin.jpg

Kriminalkommissar Gereon Lang has been assigned to solve a series of murders within Weimar Berlin's decadent underworld, bringing him into contact with all manner of individuals and organizations, from the organized criminals of the Ringvereine, to the dissolute teenage brotherhoods of the Wilde-Jungen, and the political radicals of the KPD and the Volkssturmbewegung. In a search through the nightclubs, brothels, and cabaret halls of Berlin, Lang is led on a hunt for a mysterious serial killer that may or may not be entirely human.

The Man from Kenosha Cover Image
Another cover image for a short story/novella set in the OPAS timeline that I hope to write at some point in the future, this time set in 1930s Shanghai during the Warlord Decades (tldr the Northern Expedition goes to shit, resulting in the Warlord Era continuing for even longer as China fractures into at least a dozen different cliques/factions, supported by a few foreign nations, namely the British and the Japanese). Based on this Canadian travel poster for the White Empress line.

The Man from Kenosha.jpg

Shanghai, an alternate 1937. George Welles: one-time child prodigy, aspiring actor, and reluctant detective. After wasting his small inheritance, George has become indebted to the grandmaster of the Shanghai underworld, Big-Eared Du, and is stuck between a rock and a hard place. As he looks for a way out of the untenable situation he's found himself in, George gets caught up in the political intrigues of Shanghai. Soon enough the young man from Kenosha finds himself involved with a revolutionary actress, an idealistic fellow American, an Italian mercenary-turned-secret agent, and a parade of colorful characters in the Shanghai underworld.

Great Leap Forward Propaganda
Here's some more Soviet propaganda, this time focusing on the economic policies of the Petrosianist government.

great leap forward.jpg

A pair of posters promoting Premier Kamo's "Great Leap Forward", the continuation and overhaul of the New Economic Policy. The top poster features a man with Eurasian features, symbolizing the concept of the New Soviet Man, blowing a bugle as fellow citizens march in the background. Roughly translated, the text reads "Comrades! Join together in the Great Leap Forward!" The bottom poster features Lenin himself pointing towards the East. Roughly translated, the text reads "Kamo's Great Leap Forward will finish what Lenin's NEP began". The two posters are based off of this Chinese poster and this Soviet poster, respectively.

great leap forward 2.jpg

Last edited:
Future Compass 2
So, I wasn't going to post this anytime soon, since it deals with events a fair bit further along in the timeline, but since the ratio of people who post here and also read the timeline on the other place is like 1:1 or so, I figured it would be fine to post it. So, here's another *Future Compass for the 40s-60s or so.

OPAS future compass 2.png

*Future is used loosely here, since I mostly make these as a way to come up with ideas for the timeline and then decide later whether I want to use them or not.

Force Publique Recruitment Poster
I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself for how this one turned out.

Congo.jpg

Recruitment poster for the Force Publique, the gendarmerie of the Kingdom of Belgium-in-exile. Roughly-translated, the text (from top-right to the bottom) reads: "LONG LIVE THE KING", "SERVE THE KING, PROVE YOUR WORTH, FEED YOUR FAMILY, EARN YOUR CITIZENSHIP", and "FORCE PUBLIQUE".

Of Poets and Supermen Frontispiece
Here are three variants of a frontispiece for (what I hope to be) Volume I of my timeline on the other place (and eventually here), Of Poets and Supermen. It's based off of this Spanish Civil War poster. I can't really decide which version I want to use, so feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

OPAS Volume I Frontispiece 1.jpg

OPAS Volume I Frontispiece 2.jpg

OPAS Volume I Frontispiece 3.jpg
The death of a seemingly unimportant Georgian revolutionary and the triumph of the Bolsheviks at the 5th Congress in 1907 leads to repercussions that drastically change the course of the 20th Century. The horrors of the Great War are not repeated, but new conflicts shall arise that will make the international community wonder if peace in their time was ever an option.

Here are three variants of a frontispiece for (what I hope to be) Volume I of my timeline on the other place (and eventually here), Of Poets and Supermen. It's based off of this Spanish Civil War poster. I can't really decide which version I want to use, so feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

The death of a seemingly unimportant Georgian revolutionary and the triumph of the Bolsheviks at the 5th Congress in 1907 leads to repercussions that drastically change the course of the 20th Century. The horrors of the Great War are not repeated, but new conflicts shall arise that will make the international community wonder if peace in their time was ever an option.
After some feedback/review, I've made a poll for which one I should use.

Knights of the South
knights of the south.png
The Knights of the South are an American hate group and terrorist organization primarily based in the American South, though there have been allegations by government officials that they are clandestinely supported by foreign organizations and rogue governments. Claiming to represent the true interests of Southerners, the Knights are virulently anti-American in nature, with members reportedly referring to the South as the "Confederate States". Furthermore, when said members manage to be taken alive by Federal officials, they refuse to comply during interrogations, only stating their rank and "commando unit" and referring to themselves as "Sovereign Citizens", showcasing their steadfast belief in the "Lost Cause" myth of Confederate defeat. Based off of official communiques sent prior to and after their attacks, as well as reports by the Pinkerton Investigation Agency, Federal investigators have determined that the Knights claim descent from the historical Southern nationalist and anti-American groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and the Black Legion, with the stated goal of reestablishing Southern independence through violent means.

While the numbers of the Knights of the South are currently unknown, further investigation has revealed that they were formed from the merger of a number of Southern nationalist and anti-American groups, including the Tejano Liberation Front, the Friends of Free Cuba, and the Children of the Confederacy. This would seemingly explain the rather diverse ethnic makeup of the group, which contains white Southerners as well as a number of Tejanos, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans of Confederate descent. With the exception of their Hispanic members, who are considered equals thanks to their Confederate descent and perceived racial purity, the Knights are primarily Protestant. Despite this, they aren't particularly anti-Catholic in nature, with their hatred primarily reserved for African-Americans, Federal officials, Biracial individuals (who they derogatorily refer to as "Miscegenists"), and Southerners who refuse to take up arms against the Federal government.

During the ongoing Dixie Autumn, which began in 1970 with the Rawweather Incident, the Knights have committed a number of high-profile terrorist incidents, including:
  • The 1970 assassination of Christian Rawweather, Head of the Truth and Reconciliation Agency (TRA), along with his chauffeur and Federal bodyguards, by the "Black Knight Commando". Rawweather was killed for his harsh measures against Southern businesses who refused to pay Black employees their full wages.
  • The 1972 kidnapping and murder of Perley A. Thomas Jr., head of the Perley A. Thomas Car Works, and his family by the "Grey Ghost Commando". The family was targeted merely because the Car Works "collaborated" with the Federal government by providing TRA officials with cars for transportation.
  • The 1974 failed kidnapping-turned-murder of George Ponto, director of the Richmond Federal Bank by the "War Horse Commando".
  • The 1975 American Embassy Massacre in Havana, Cuba by the "Stonewall Commando", an attempted siege undertaken in order to force the release of several imprisoned and captured Knights of the South members.
  • The 1977 assassination of newly-appointed Federal Governor Jesse Jackson and the crippling of Lieutenant Governor Walter Fauntroy by the "Forrest Commando", the first of a series of violent and increasingly-brutal attacks against African-Americans in the American South continuing until 1980.
  • The 1981 assassination of Secretary of State Alexander Haig and his bodyguards by the "Marse Lee Commando", done in response to the promise of increased crackdown against Southern terrorism by incumbent-President Jimmy Carter, who they decried as a race traitor and arch-collaborator.

1st Council of People's Commissars of the Russian Soviet Federative Republic
I'm very proud of how this one turned out, to be honest. Poster showing the 1st Council of People's Commissars, featuring everyone's favorite Armeno-Georgian, С. ТП. Камо (Simon Ter-Petrosian - Kamo) as People's Commissar of Nationalities.

council of people's commissars.jpg
С. А. stands for "Simon Arshaki" (Arshaki being Kamo's middle name).

Emanuele Filiberto Negrini Art
An amazing piece of character art/refsheet of one of the main viewpoint characters of OPAS, Emanuele Filiberto Negrini (formerly known as Lorenzo Secondari, but renamed for copyright reasons/so I don't get targeted by Bruce Sterling's Cyberpunk Lawyer Hit-Squad in the event I publish the timeline) done by my lovely friend survivorttype over on Twitter. Check him out if you're interested in getting any character art done for timelines, stories, or tabletop campaigns.

Emanuele Filiberto refsheet.png

Italian Civil War Wojak Political Compass
After two days of working on this absolutely batshit meme of a political compass...I'm proud to present the Italian Civil War Wojak Compass to you, all the fine folks on the SLP forums. Drink it in, for it is glorious.

k1plbi5.png

Gemitus Brittanorum - Miscellaneous covers
I did some very cool things for the very cool Sub-Roman succession game Gemitus Brittanorum on the other place, where my character ruled for a little under three years but ultimately changed history rather drastically by codifying the Mithraic Mysteries and creating a Mithraic Church that will (hopefully) grow into a complementary mirror version of Christianity.

the_testament_of_mithras.jpeg

the_torch_and_the_cross.jpeg

on_the_dominate.jpeg

the_last_roman.jpeg

a_history_of_roman_britain.jpeg

i,_claudius.jpeg

claudius_revisited.jpeg

Back