• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

NEW RELEASE: Freedom's Rampart

For a data point, Amazon US just recommended that I buy @Kato's Freedom's Rampart. Interesting that it picked that for my author account (not my personal account) which I've never bought anything through. Looks like the Zon's Algorithm moves in mysterious ways.

I find that Amazon will repeatedly recommend me the SLP books that I've already bought, which is... questionable as an effective marketing pitch. They've yet to recommend my own books back to me though - guess they're relying on author's buying their own review copies.

Im reading it. Super unusual situation so far. Really digging it

Thank you Joanna. Its the writing project where I've had perhaps the clearest vision of what I wanted to write about in terms of place and scenario, and in terms of finished outcome. Its also the one where I can clearly timeline everything from inspiration to completion (just over 10 years). The afterword is rather indulgent and elaborates on some of those influences. Overall I'm really pleased with the finished story, and glad that you're enjoying it.

I find that Amazon will repeatedly recommend me the SLP books that I've already bought, which is... questionable as an effective marketing pitch. They've yet to recommend my own books back to me though - guess they're relying on author's buying their own review copies.
I did recently unlock the author achievement of having Amazon recommend I buy my own book. I guess it makes sense - one of the earliest pieces of advice I received as an author was to write the book I want to read. So the Zon must have figured that if I wrote the book I wanted to read, it'd make sense for me to buy the book I want to read, too.

Back