• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Moonbase: Episode 2 - A World Apart, Part 2

I liked the mnemonic, a nice little framing device.

Of course, now someone will have to tear their suit at some point--never introduce a gun in Act One that won't be fired in Act Five.

I like the understated romantic subplot. It's funny and it subtly tells us a lot about this world.

Has anyone else here read Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan? The passages about the suits here remind me a lot of that book's detailed focus on underwater shipbuilding.

The name cavorite wouldn't have anything to do with Italian unification, would it?

Selenites are also mentionned in Jules Verne book and the name is indeed related to the goddess of the Moon.

Agreed on the inevitability of a suit being torn. Also on that flap on the door being punctured.

I suspect Uwe isn't alive anymore.

I'm amazed, absolutely amazed, that nobody has thought of the simple expident of a stick with a brightly-colored rope on it as a path marker. It works in neigh-any terrain, and a lack of air and gravity will do just about nothing to it. It even gives you an easy measurement system for your Cavorite-finding men.

Edit: seriously, the nerds need to just get their assess outside and start triangulation exercises. If your instruments measure estimated range, it takes three trips, tops. If your instruments take a bearing, also three trips. Then all you need is a pilot shaft and hey presto you've got Cavorite.

Last edited:
Back