• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

'Maximum Reich' post-Nazi map

Charles EP M.

Published by SLP
From Varyar's thread, ideas I had for their hypothetical

one where Germany annexes Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, large parts of northern and eastern France, most of Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Poland, bits of northern Yugoslavia, and the USSR out to the Urals. Probably ASB, but let's allow it for the basis of discussion. Eventually, the Nazi Party (probably for economic reasons, because good luck on that front with your ideology of choice) loses control and is replaced. What happens now?

Idea is that the fall of the Reich has changed the borders of western Europe and part of central, with some countries reforming as they were and others not, while the new democratic Germany remains far bigger and, as Aznavour suggested, wrangled keeping Crimea. However, the conquest of Eastern Europe meant a lot of the newly liberated countries didn't want to, or couldn't, reform as they were. The Swedes and Norwegians had too many people who liked being Aryans, there are too many western settlers in some parts (some a majority and some a powerful minority), and in large swathes the Nazis killed so many people while so few Germans moved that you've just got sparsely populated scrubland with random small states and "reservations".

This isn't far into the end of the Reich, and all the neat lines don't take into account various ethnic & nationalist insurgencies.

- Burgandy are countries that were only partially conquered (some worse than others); blue are French and British colonies that changed as a result; red are German allies

- Deep purple is a new country formed out of conquered lands, light purple are sparsely populated areas

Attachments

• Post-Nazi Max Reich.gif
    Post-Nazi Max Reich.gif
    295.4 KB · Views: 95
Germany losing territory they held even as Weimar seems unlikely (looking at you, East Prussia).

Yeah, it’s a good map but I couldn’t see the German border being drawn back in the east from where it was in 1940 IOTL. I’d wager they’d try and stay no further west than the Dnieper, particularly if they’re intent on keeping Crimea but admittedly that makes for a less interesting map.

Got to admit, I suspect this might be one of those cases where we end up with a Baltic federation rather than separate Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Especially if each have got large German minorities they're concerned about.

This is such a good thread, and informative

But I'm so sorry, I just can't take the title seriously, because everytime I read it I just imagine Hitler in front of a Titanic-style brass lever box

And it's labelled First Reich; Second Reich; Third Reich; and MAXIMUM REICH and he's yanking the lever all the way to the right as hard as he can

The shrink in the east is a boo-boo from me w/ the map, so assume I'm getting a black crayon and scribbling across some borders

Got to admit, I suspect this might be one of those cases where we end up with a Baltic federation rather than separate Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

My thinking was the Baltics were a single Baltenland state under the Reich, and nationalism wins out enough in the short term so the two ex-states with the least Aryans can reform. For the reasons you've said, likely not sustainable due to decades of murder, oppression, and settlement.

Now I want to see the inevitale frozen conflict semi-states that emerge from this mess. :p

Nobody's going broke selling bomb parts in Europe here!

But I'm so sorry, I just can't take the title seriously, because everytime I read it I just imagine Hitler in front of a Titanic-style brass lever box

And it's labelled First Reich; Second Reich; Third Reich; and MAXIMUM REICH and he's yanking the lever all the way to the right as hard as he can

REICHX-TREME

I pulled the maximum reich lever once by mistake, but I think I got away with it.....

h1cPqNZ.jpg

Didn't the Nazis already evacuate the Baltic German population en masse back to Germany/Poland in 1939-1940, though?

BTW, what's the status of "New Poland" on this map? Is it a newly independent country, a German-ruled reservation of the remaining Poles and Belarusians, or what?

BTW, what's the status of "New Poland" on this map? Is it a newly independent country, a German-ruled reservation of the remaining Poles and Belarusians, or what?

Reservations of Poles that have formed into a newly independent country. The fact it's landlocked and surrounded by Germanic mini-states will definitely work out for all concerned!

Reservations of Poles that have formed into a newly independent country. The fact it's landlocked and surrounded by Germanic mini-states will definitely work out for all concerned!
Oh! New Poland is that green box, isn't it? Yeah, that's going to be a real nightmare. I certainly can't imagine it sustaining a very large population unless some mega-cities were built inside of it.

Back