• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Map Commons

1560409112139.png

1560403727586.png
Reworking my map for A Toasted World [aka a grim vaguely cyberpunk 2030s ATL where all countries in TOAST3R, a colour scheme that has way too much colours, exists in some form] on a newer base map. Left is old map, right is new.

I also obviously made some adjustments because I felt the old one was too "simplistic".

Is the new map looking better?

Last edited:
Interesting map here, detailing the most common place of birth for non native populations across Europe.
One of the railway stations we changed at on the way home from Karlstad had an entire rack of Finnish-language crossword compilations. I have to wonder if the reason the Sweden Democrats took so much longer to break through in central Sweden is partly that those regions had enough experience with multiculture to know it’s not the end of the world if some people speak different languages in the street.

Interesting that Italians are the most common country of origin in Belgium. Is there any particular reason for that?

View attachment 11354

View attachment 11352
Reworking my map for A Toasted World [aka a grim vaguely cyberpunk 2030s ATL where all countries in TOAST3R, a colour scheme that has way too much colours, exists in some form] on a newer base map. Left is old map, right is new.

I also obviously made some adjustments because I felt the old one was too "simplistic".

Is the new map looking better?

What on Earth is going on up in Scandinavia?

I like the idea of an independent Dalecarlia, though.

China appears to be miscoloured there.

No, wait, spotted Hainan.

Last edited:
A variant on Xiantiandao, technically, although the map is in general going for some elements of cyclicality as opposed to “CHINA GET MORE BIONIC ARM FOR EVER”

An empire long united, must divide and all that. Nice.

Also, I'm still sweating over what 'Mentalitarian' could possibly mean, but I assume it is Bad To Live Under.

Love the inclusion of Nantucket as well, that's a more obscure bit. Sightly surprised you didn't add in the Erie Triangle with everything else.
That one is a basemap issue, it doesn’t include PA and I don’t feel confident enough to freehand it. Just assume it’s there

Back