• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

What's Rockwell, chopped liver?

I feel Beam is more frightening, he was after all one of the innovators of 'leaderless resistance' that has given us such wonderful news headlines over the last several years, whereas I feel Rockwell for all of the damage he's done inspiring new generations of neo-Nazis was within his lifetime a fairly rigid adherent of Fuhrerprinzip that undermined his movement.

I feel Beam is more frightening, he was after all one of the innovators of 'leaderless resistance' that has given us such wonderful news headlines over the last several years, whereas I feel Rockwell for all of the damage he's done inspiring new generations of neo-Nazis was within his lifetime a fairly rigid adherent of Fuhrerprinzip that undermined his movement.
Horrifyingly valid point.

A Slightly Different Plot Against America

1941-1942: Charles A. Lindbergh / Dwight H. Green (Republican)
1940: Franklin D. Roosevelt / Henry A. Wallace (Democratic), Burton K. Wheeler / John W. Davis (America First)
1942-1945: Dwight H. Green / vacant (Republican)
1945-1949: Dwight H. Green / Bruce F. Barton (Republican)

1944: James F. Byrnes / Paul V. McNutt (Democratic), Robert E. Wood / David I. Walsh (America First)
1949-1961: Henry A. Wallace / W. Averell Harriman (Democratic)
1948: Harold E. Stassen / John W. Brickner (Republican)
1952: Robert A. Taft / Walter H. Judd (Republican)
1956: Albert C. Wedemeyer / Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. (Republican)

One of the things I was initially going to bring up is the presence of Harriman on the ticket 'wouldn't he be sorta discredited with his pre-war links to Nazi finance' but then I read all the way to the bottom and I understood that this is a Bad Timeline where we still learnt all the wrong lessons.

What a mean thing to say.
He’s not wrong.

The Ford chapter is very heavily influenced by Rumsfeldia in that Jerry is very strongly telegraphed to basically a puppet of the Rumsfeld-Cheney axis (to the point that it’s not clear if he’s all there by the end) and the men on the other end of the strings have the pretty clear moustache-twirling abolish-democracy-privatise-air agenda of President Rumsfeld of the other timeline.

That said it was all quite farcical and tongue-in-cheek (IIRC they literally rent out the White House lawn for billboard ads). I don’t think we are supposed to take big serious things about politics away from it in the way Drew clearly did.

What a mean thing to say.
He’s not wrong.

The Ford chapter is very heavily influenced by Rumsfeldia in that Jerry is very strongly telegraphed to basically a puppet of the Rumsfeld-Cheney axis (to the point that it’s not clear if he’s all there by the end) and the men on the other end of the strings have the pretty clear moustache-twirling abolish-democracy-privatise-air agenda of President Rumsfeld of the other timeline.

That said it was all a quite tongue-in-cheek, I doubt we’re supposed to take big serious things about politics away from it in the way Drew clearly did.
To be clear I was not intending on it being a criticism of Thande’s TL which I quite enjoyed but I do think it is safe to say Shuffle!Ford’s term was in large part a homage to Rumsfeldia.

Choose Your Own Adventure: IOWA 2020 EDITION

~~~

2021-2025: Joseph R. "Joe" Biden, Jr. (D-DE) / Stacey Abrams (D-GA)
2020: Donald J. Trump (R-FL) / Michael "Mike" Pence (R-IN)
2025-: Tulsi Gabbard (R-HI) / Ron DeSantis (R-FL)
2024: Stacey Abrams (D-GA) / Joe Kennedy III (D-MA), Dan Crenshaw (I-TX) / Richard Grenell (I-MO)
2028: Gavin Newsom (D-CA) / Jennifer Carroll Foy (D-VA), Joaquin Phoenix (G-CA) / Various

~~~

2021-2025: Bernard "Bernie" Sanders (D-VT) / Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
2025-2029: Ben Jealous (D-MD) / Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)
2024: Tom Cotton (R-AR) / Greg Abbott (R-TX), Mikie Sherrill (M-NJ) / Jon Huntsman, Jr. (M-UT)
2029-: Bobby Jindal (R-LA) / Kathleen Theoharides (R-MA)
2028: Ben Jealous (D-MD) / Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)

~~~

2021-2025: Donald J. Trump (R-FL) / Michael "Mike" Pence (R-IN)
2020: Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) / Julián Castro (D-TX)
2025-2029: Ben Sasse (R-NE) / Allen West (R-TX)
2024: Julián Castro (D-TX) / Maggie Hassan (D-NH)
2029-: Julia Louis-Dreyfus (D-CA) / John Fetterman (D-PA)
2028: Ben Sasse (R-NE) / Allen West (R-TX)

~~~

2020: Pete Buttigieg (D-IN) / Kamala Harris (D-CA)
2025-: Jeff Merkley (D-OR) / Jesse Arreguín (D-CA)
2024: Donald J. Trump Jr. (R-NY) / Joni Ernst (R-IA)
2028: Beth Van Duyne (R-TX) / Chris Sununu (R-NH)

[[[THE THREAD OF PROPHECY IS SEVERED]]]

2021-2027: Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)* / Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY)*
2024: Michael "Mike" Pence (R-IN) / Nimrata "Nikki" Haley (R-SC), Bill deBlasio (P-NY) / Nika Elugardo (P-MA)

2027-2027: Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)* / Vacant
2027-: D. Evan McMullin (Emergency-UT)

Last edited:
2021-2025: Joseph R. "Joe" Biden, Jr. (D-DE) / Stacey Abrams (D-GA)
2025-: Tulsi Gabbard (R-HI) / Ron DeSantis (R-FL)
2024: Stacey Abrams (D-GA) / Joe Kennedy III (D-MA), Dan Crenshaw (I-TX) / Richard Grenell (I-MO)
2028: Gavin Newsom (D-CA) / Jennifer Carroll Foy (D-VA), Joaquin Phoenix (G-CA) / Various

~~~

2020: Pete Buttigieg (D-IN) / Kamala Harris (D-CA)
2025-: Jeff Merkley (D-OR) / Jesse Arreguín (D-CA)
2024: Donald J. Trump Jr. (R-NY) / Joni Ernst (R-IA)
2028: Beth Van Duyne (R-TX) / Chris Sununu (R-NH)

~~~
[[[THE THREAD OF PROPHECY IS SEVERED]]]
~~~

2021-2027: Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)* / Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY)*
2024: Michael "Mike" Pence (R-IN) / Nimrata "Nikki" Haley (R-SC), Bill deBlasio (P-NY) / Nika Elugardo (P-MA)

2027-2027: Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)* / Vacant
2027-: D. Evan McMullin (Emergency-UT)
Hahahahaha this is sick

I think my only contention is that Bernard would go for a second term imo but I obviously this isn’t “real things that will most definitely happen.” Gabbard going full turncoat is primo content, same to Blaz of all people running third which honestly I could see from him.

1968 :Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. Republican Spiro Agnew

1972: Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. Republican Spiro Agnew

1976: Edmund Muskie Democratic Wilbur miles

1980:George Herbert Walker Bush Republican Phil Crane

1984:Walter Frederick "Fritz" Mondale James Earl Carter Jr Democratic

1. Former vice president Richard Nixon suffered nervous break down unable to run in 68 his 1960 running mate is nominated. beats Humphrey wins again his v.p. is impeached Gerald Ford replaces Agnew as number 2/

2.After 8 years of Republican rule Humphreys running matte gets nomination. unfortunately Iran crisis ruins Muskies chances at reelection.

3.Bush narrowly defeats Reagan for nomination. unfortunately economy goes into tailspin his first and only term

4. friend of vice president Hubert Humphrey gets nomination.

Back