• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

This is much better but it's pretty clear that you've taken a totally ASB idea and ran too far with it. Why doesn't Petain resign straight away? He was in his 80s by this point, how does he survive so long? And I'm not impressed de Gaulle takes that long to become President. He was the most important leader in exile the French had. But the shift to Bucard is an inspired choice. I don't see many Vichy Frances fighting in the Axis powers. Overall some good ideas but again, a proper formatting is needed to really make this stand out. The scenario could really be fleshed out with better written footnotes, a list of British and American leaders, a rough timeline of the war, more meat to the bone, y'know?

But not bad, definitely one of the better lists imo.

I’m not entirely sure this post was made in good faith to be honest but I should make it clear that Petain held this post IOTL between 1940-44. As for de Gaulle he actually becomes leader of France somewhat earlier than OTL.

However you’ve done something worse than display your poor understanding of history which is to attack a recent member of this forum starting out with their first (excellent) list. If you do have a future on this forum then please focus on your own work rather than idiotically attacking others.

Wow, the lack of effort here is astonishing. You got some good ideas, but you don't explain what's happening in Europe, who the American presidents are (assuming Wilson loses to some isolationist) and the specific policy details of the different governments would be great. Maybe several wikiboxes. And a full list of candidates defeated. Meat to the bone, y'know?
Don't you know ANDREW (So many people forget his full name...) Bonar Law resigned and was dead by 1923? What happens to Baldwin? Why is Churchill a Liberal? He was a Tory through and through. Imo it's ASB that a Liberal government survives past 1918, really, the Labour Party was unstoppable. So your bias is showing here. No way Snowden is leaving the Labour Party, either. And, Edward Wood was Lord Irwin by this point. Some nice ideas, but you really need to choose a professional formatting and think about what your narrative is. Not bad for a first list, but you need to work on it.

This is much better but it's pretty clear that you've taken a totally ASB idea and ran too far with it. Why doesn't Petain resign straight away? He was in his 80s by this point, how does he survive so long? And I'm not impressed de Gaulle takes that long to become President. He was the most important leader in exile the French had. But the shift to Bucard is an inspired choice. I don't see many Vichy Frances fighting in the Axis powers. Overall some good ideas but again, a proper formatting is needed to really make this stand out. The scenario could really be fleshed out with better written footnotes, a list of British and American leaders, a rough timeline of the war, more meat to the bone, y'know?

But not bad, definitely one of the better lists imo.
jesus dude it’s a list, not the Dead Sea Scrolls, they’re supposed to be a bit of fun.

plus almost all the things you complained about aren’t implausible

You do know he was jointly responsible for the People's Budget, yes?

Inconceivable. He was a Conservative all the way from 1900-4 to 1924-his death. He only joined the Liberals as it was convenient for him.

I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt because you’re new here, but lists don’t have to be fully fleshed out timelines. Taking a stroll through the rest of the thread shows lists with a similar amount of footnotes. Not every list has to include multiple countries either.

lol

The two lists were written with very little effort or style, and more focussed on a narrative, than actual consistency. Can do much better. And Snowden was a true Labour man till he died.

I’m not entirely sure this post was made in good faith to be honest but I should make it clear that Petain held this post IOTL between 1940-44. As for de Gaulle he actually becomes leader of France somewhat earlier than OTL.

However you’ve done something worse than display your poor understanding of history which is to attack a recent member of this forum starting out with their first (excellent) list. If you do have a future on this forum then please focus on your own work rather than idiotically attacking others.

I disagree, Petain and de Gaulle weren't the only people involved in the Resistance. And further to that point, if he wanted to be on this excellent forum, he should bother to make the lists to match it. Very poor effort indeed.

jesus dude it’s a list, not the Dead Sea Scrolls, they’re supposed to be a bit of fun.

plus almost all the things you complained about aren’t *that* implausible

Bonar Law's cancer was inevitable after he smoked. He resigned in 1921 because of ill health from the leadership of the Tory Party.
The Liberals were unsustainable after 1918 and no amount of handwaving would make them return to government. This is clear ASB.
Edward Wood was Lord Irwin as his courtesy title.

And de Gaulle was so important in the resistance that he really shouldn't be left to the end of a list.

I mean, it's just basic checking up on facts. If you don't want to put the effort in, don't try, really. I'm a very good writer and I can tell you my writings are much better.

I mean, it's just basic checking up on facts. If you don't want to put the effort in, don't try, really. I'm a very excellent writer and a good genius and I can tell you my writings is unimpeachably brilliant.
giphy.gif

Inconceivable. He was a Conservative all the way from 1900-4 to 1924-his death. He only joined the Liberals as it was convenient for him.

The two lists were written with very little effort or style, and more focussed on a narrative, than actual consistency. Can do much better. And Snowden was a true Labour man till he died.

I disagree, Petain and de Gaulle weren't the only people involved in the Resistance. And further to that point, if he wanted to be on this excellent forum, he should bother to make the lists to match it. Very poor effort indeed.

Bonar Law's cancer was inevitable after he smoked. He resigned in 1921 because of ill health from the leadership of the Tory Party.
The Liberals were unsustainable after 1918 and no amount of handwaving would make them return to government. This is clear ASB.
Edward Wood was Lord Irwin as his courtesy title.

And de Gaulle was so important in the resistance that he really shouldn't be left to the end of a list.

I mean, it's just basic checking up on facts. If you don't want to put the effort in, don't try, really. I'm a very good writer and I can tell you my writings are much better.

MODERATOR POST

Alright, no, this is not on.

Your behavior so far in this thread is, at best, remarkably uncivil, which is in violation of rule one. It is perfectly in order to dislike others’ work and to critique it in a constructive and appropriate fashion, but you have gone well beyond that.

Please in the future endeavor to maintain a civil environment when participating in discussion on this forum.

Thank you.

MODERATOR POST

Alright, no, this is not on.

Your behavior so far in this thread is, at best, remarkably uncivil, which is in violation of rule one. It is perfectly in order to dislike others’ work and to critique it in a constructive and appropriate fashion, but you have gone well beyond that.

Please in the future endeavor to maintain a civil environment when participating in discussion on this forum.

Thank you.

I'm sorry but when you are as good at this as I am, it's hard not to. But I will try to be polite when explaining myself.

I just believe in holding members to high standards even if they are new or if they have been here along time. It's not acceptible to be so fragrantly lazy as forget Andrew Bonar Law's first name or that he died in 1923 so can't be PM in 1928 or how de Gaulle was the Free French figurehead and couldn't not be the leader of the resistance or how Petain survived for so long. I'm sorry but it's just ASB.

You two should DM me so I can give excellent ideas and tell you where you need to improve.

I'm happy to elaborate on my lists and will be the first to say that I need a lot more practice, but I would appreciate more constructive and mature feedback. Moreover the other list you've critiqued is really quite excellent.

Don't be a smartass. One pretty poor list doesn't mean you can answer back to your superiors.

I'm happy to elaborate on my lists and will be the first to say that I need a lot more practice, but I would appreciate more constructive and mature feedback. Moreover the other list you've critiqued is really quite excellent.

Please don't be downhearted, it was a fantastic list - I'm afraid we have our first troll. Admittedly it took nearly two years so that's quite impressive.

MODERATOR POST:

In case anyone is wondering what's happening here - @Portcullis and @RQ7y7 are posting from the same IP address. So I've kicked them both temporarily whilst the mod's have a longer look at this.
That’s very confusing - bet it’s going to be the ol’ my roommate/sibling excuse, but I’m not sure why you would create a burner to insult yourself and others.

That’s very confusing - bet it’s going to be the ol’ my roommate/sibling excuse, but I’m not sure why you would create a burner to insult yourself and others.

I've seen it happen before on another forum I used to moderate.

That was a painfully accurate recreation of what an asshole I used to be, wasn't it?
You did have high standards for lists, and forced me at least to shape up my work from the lazy shit it once was. So even if you were an asshole, you at least pushed for better than generic spam lists, you called for lists of quality. And you gave constructive criticism, not mindless "blah this is bad".

Back