• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Least favorite alt-history story?

I posted on othertimelines.com back when it had a forum and all of its follow up sites. I've got tons.

The top worst ones had to be the Federation Party series (Only the first volume remains online, sadly) where a political movements that's main goal is to make Star Trek real won elections across Europe but also elected a Sci-fi writer Neo-Con President of the US in 2008. That writer being the author after he made himself more successful, the actual PoD being that his parents were more supportive of his hobby. Included him writing in the death of a Star Trek Enterprise actresses family so she'd fall in love with him, Tom Clancy as the National Security Advisor, Hillary Clinton ruining her chances by dropping the N word and in the sequel WWIII between the US and North Korea as the President is trapped behind the lines and has to fight his way out. Also democrats refusing to support the war even after the Norks take down the internet with pop up adds and nuke South Korea, Japan, Guam, and several US states.

There was another guy who was a regular author who churned out constant pure shit, be it his Lee of the Union TL were RE Lee takes command of the US Army and wins the Civil War in a matter of weeks, seems nice right? Eventually it goes on to have the US turn into a sort of good guy draka with a super tech advantage that no one else catches up to, meaning that the US when pearl harbor is attacked basically fights off the Zeroes with Supersonic jets with guided missles.

Another TL by the same guy, I can't even remember the name for but I can remember the nickname we gave it, K for Kendetta, where in J Edgar Hoover is elected president in 1932, Allies America with the Nazis and establishes a dictatorship that lasts decades. Involves JFK being torture by experiments that turn him into a super solider who becomes a super freedom fighting terrorist who blows shit up a lot. His brothers also do freedom fighting stuff like inventing space travel so they can use satellites to interrupt Fascist TV broadcasts and cause a Fascist coup by showing America photos of hoover in drag, until Ted Kennedy gets to kill Nixon and then commits suicide after giving an Aaron Sorkin speech. The TL involves America committing genocide against Jews and Blacks but also involves Colin Powell being a collaborationist Army officer and Muhammad Ali being protected by Jews in Florida and becoming the First Jewish American president. Also has the author as a world renowned historian who is friends with other historians like... Hugh Jackman.

There was also a guy who wrote Confederate Apology TLs, Rome vs the Aztecs racist as hell shit and a TL that he cross posted at the Zoo about Scotland becoming a world spanning super power which made very, very little sense.

My first ATL was basically bring the jubilee but even more technologically advanced, and involved a cold war against a Sino-Japanese Empire.

It was not well thought out.

Lets cut out the chat about NCDR, please. It's been made clear that discussion about the Other Place isn't for here, and at this point everyone's had their say about it and the author obviously isn't changing anything or even acknowledging it's an issue

Anyone want to cliff note why this NDCR is so absurd?
1- Nelson Mandella and Martin Luther King suddenly give up and start collaborating with their oppressors, conceeding basic human rights for a seat at the White Supremacist Table
2- A comic failure to understand how the Communist Blocs operated
3- Classic Nixon in 1960 is Good guy bullshit
4- Comic Failures to understand what the road to Vietnam was like
5- Various Fascist or fascist like regimes come to power or gain toeholds in the Political mainstream. George Lincoln Rockwell gives up on being an American Nazi, West Germany brings back the monarchy and puts its army in the hand of literal SS War Criminals because they said they were sorry
6- Wikibox Politics that are Right Wing masturbation
7- Author doesn't research anything, pure Dunning-Kruger Syndrome.

Also for anyone ( @Burton K Wheeler ) who wants to take a peak, here we go. Please note that the first chronolgical post is a sign of the very sad back story behind the thing being written. I like to think that ASJs short stories were better, not that he ever shared them with us.

Attachments

• The Federation Party by _Admiral SirJohn.pdf
    363.2 KB · Views: 54
1- Nelson Mandella and Martin Luther King suddenly give up and start collaborating with their oppressors, conceeding basic human rights for a seat at the White Supremacist Table
2- A comic failure to understand how the Communist Blocs operated
3- Classic Nixon in 1960 is Good guy bullshit
4- Comic Failures to understand what the road to Vietnam was like
5- Various Fascist or fascist like regimes come to power or gain toeholds in the Political mainstream. George Lincoln Rockwell gives up on being an American Nazi, West Germany brings back the monarchy and puts its army in the hand of literal SS War Criminals because they said they were sorry
6- Wikibox Politics that are Right Wing masturbation
7- Author doesn't research anything, pure Dunning-Kruger Syndrome.

Plus when he got called out, he basically tried to say No Southern Strategy and Rumsfledia were weird and didnt get called out.

I am an obese shutin NEET who's obsessed with Star Trek. I believe these qualities are why you should elect me the next President of the United States. When elected, I promise I will base my foreign policy on Tom Clancy novels. Thank you, and live long and prosper.
I really wish I had the sequel where he LIVED the Tom Clancy novel

Back