• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kindle rankings

Amazon UK, as at 10am, Saturday 14th November

Kindle AH new releases

The Legacy of Saint Brendan #26
Byzantium Express #36

Amazon UK, as at 10.45am, Sunday 15th November

Kindle AH new releases

The Legacy of Saint Brendan #17
Byzantium Express #39

Amazon UK, as at 12 noon, Tuesday 17th November

Kindle AH new releases

Byzantium Express #22
The Legacy of Saint Brendan #25

Amazon UK, as at 10.30am, Saturday 21st November

Kindle AH new releases

Byzantium Express #29
The Legacy of Saint Brendan #32

It's interesting that sometimes there's a correlation between a book doing well and it getting lots of likes and shares on our social media, and sometimes no correlation at all. These two didn't get much attention when posted there, but they've stayed impressively high in the charts (though I know that's not a terribly meaningful measure of sales).

Amazon UK, as at 9.45am, Monday 23rd November

Kindle AH new releases

The Legacy of Saint Brendan #33
Byzantium Express #36

Amazon UK, as at 9.50am, Tuesday 24th November

Kindle AH new releases

The Legacy of Saint Brendan #40
Byzantium Express #41

It's interesting that sometimes there's a correlation between a book doing well and it getting lots of likes and shares on our social media, and sometimes no correlation at all. These two didn't get much attention when posted there, but they've stayed impressively high in the charts (though I know that's not a terribly meaningful measure of sales).

Yes, I was delighted at the level 'Byzantium Express' came in at and maintained over a number of days. I think it was probably a good release date. One challenge I have found from my self-published is books is that unfortunately people often buy AH books on the basis of the title without reading the synopsis, then get disgruntled when it is different (more challenging) than they expected.

Amazon UK, as at 11am, Thursday 29th October

Kindle AH new releases

Decking The Shuffle #50

(The so-called AH listings are gradually being taken over by mainstream Historical Fiction)

That is interesting as with my 'Other ...' books, I was strongly told by various commentators that they must not have alternate history tags, because I did not come to a firm single conclusion, but rather offered a number from readers to select from. I recategorised them to 'History' which seemed to calm people down and did nothing to damage sales. I have often spoken of the 'genre police' and it is interesting to speculate what happens at these borderlines between different genres.

That is interesting as with my 'Other ...' books, I was strongly told by various commentators that they must not have alternate history tags, because I did not come to a firm single conclusion, but rather offered a number from readers to select from. I recategorised them to 'History' which seemed to calm people down and did nothing to damage sales. I have often spoken of the 'genre police' and it is interesting to speculate what happens at these borderlines between different genres.
To the best of my knowledge, Amazon offer three alternative genres for each listing.

Yes, I was delighted at the level 'Byzantium Express' came in at and maintained over a number of days. I think it was probably a good release date. One challenge I have found from my self-published is books is that unfortunately people often buy AH books on the basis of the title without reading the synopsis, then get disgruntled when it is different (more challenging) than they expected.
Yes, and unfortunately there's a surprisingly large Venn diagram crossover between that characteristic and the very small number of people who are willing to write Amazon reviews...

Back