• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kindle rankings

Amazon UK, as at 10.30am, Friday 11th October

Kindle AH new releases

The Smithtown Unit #46
Night Over The Bosphorus #68
Kansas Troubles #69

Amazon UK, as at 9.55am, Saturday 12th October

Kindle AH new releases

The Smithtown Unit #45
Kansas Troubles #69

Amazon UK, as at 10.35am, Sunday 13th October

Kindle AH new releases

The Smithtown Unit #44
Kansas Troubles #69

Amazon UK, as at 10.15am, Monday 14th October

Kindle AH new releases

The Smithtown Unit #45
Night Over The Bosphorus #66
Kansas Troubles #67

Amazon UK, as at 10.50am, Tuesday 15th October

Kindle new releases

The Smithtown Unit #45
Night Over The Bosphorus #64
Kansas Troubles #65

Amazon UK, as at 10.35am, Wednesday 16th October

Kindle AH new releases

The Smithtown Unit #45
Night Over The Bosphorus #64
Kansas Troubles #65

No change from yesterday

Amazon UK, as at 10.15am, Thursday 17th October

Kindle AH new releases

The Smithtown Unit #43
Night Over The Bosphorus #60
Kansas Troubles #61

Amazon UK, as at 10.20am, Friday 18th October

Kindle AH new releases

The Smithtown Unit #44
Night Over The Bosphorus #61
Kansas Troubles #62

WOW!

Amazon UK, as at 10.35am, Saturday 19th October

Kindle AH bestsellers
Drake's Drum #98

Kindle AH new releases
The Smithtown Unit #14
Night Over The Bosphorus ##16
Kansas Troubles #17

That's a big leap!

AND THE DRUM BEATS AGAIN

Meanwhile over on the American charts, Night Over the Bosporos is about 15 places higher on Steampunk charts than Alternate History. We might want to put some other applicable stuff there too, see if that gets a boost.
Battle over Britain was at 91 in Steampunk Fiction this morning and only 126 in Alternate History.
I have no idea how Amazon work these numbers out, especially seeing as the three categories you can see for the books keep changing.

I dunno how Amazon figuires the categories it shows out, but I do know you can email Amazon and ask what categories you're in & can the book be added to some. (I've done that w/ self-published books recently.)

I dunno how Amazon figuires the categories it shows out, but I do know you can email Amazon and ask what categories you're in & can the book be added to some. (I've done that w/ self-published books recently.)

I think the big thing is that Alternate History is more saturated with semiprofessional material than Steampunk is. When you go to the Steampunk stuff, there's a lot fewer entrants, and most of the entrants have very poor design, so we have them beat. Alternate History, however, tends to have a lot more decently put together covers, and more importantly just a lot of crap that should not be there that eats ranking space.

That's a big leap!

AND THE DRUM BEATS AGAIN

Changing the categories may well have to be done by Tom..

I think the big thing is that Alternate History is more saturated with semiprofessional material than Steampunk is. When you go to the Steampunk stuff, there's a lot fewer entrants, and most of the entrants have very poor design, so we have them beat. Alternate History, however, tends to have a lot more decently put together covers, and more importantly just a lot of crap that should not be there that eats ranking space.
Certainly the "Sharpe" books should NOT be in the AH listings...

Amazon UK, as at 9.45am, Sunday 20th October

Kindle AH new releases

The Smithtown Unit #19
Night Over The Bosphorus #20
Kansas Troubles #21

Back