• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kindle rankings

George Kearton

Published by SLP
Very curious - the page for "Hurly-Burly" tells me it's number 86 in the AH bestsellers. But go to the list of bestsellers and position 86 is held by one of the "Sharpe" books!
Alternative book universes anyone?

George Kearton

Published by SLP
Amazon UK, as at 11.45am, Saturday 6th July

AH bestsellers
Boy in the Storm #99

AH new releases
Boy in the Storm #8
Chamberlain Resigns #9
Drake's Drum #10
Bring Me My Bow #33
Caesars of the Bosphorus #39

No other SLP books in "top hundreds"

Charles EP M.

Published by SLP
On the US list as of 00:27 GMT, I see:

AH new releases
Drake's Drum #12
Boy in the Storm #41
Bring Me My Bow #51
Chamberlain Resigns #54
Caesars of the Bosphorus #55

(Something about Drake's Drum is really going down well with the Yanks)

Boy in the Storm #8
Chamberlain Resigns #9
Drake's Drum #10
Those were pretty big leaps up the list!

George Kearton

Published by SLP
Amazon UK, as at 11.45am, Sunday 7th July

AH bestsellers
Drake's Drum ##69

AH new releases
Drake's Drum #7
Boy in the Storm #16
Chamberlain Resigns #18
Bring Me My Bow #35
Caesars of the Bosphorus #39

Charles EP M.

Published by SLP
UK list as of 10:25 GMT:

AH new releases
Drake's Drum #8
Boy in the Storm #19
Chamberlain Resigns #24
Bring Me My Bow #36
Caesars of the Bosphorus #42

US list as of 10:30 GMT:

AH new releases
Drake's Drum #21
Boy in the Storm #29
Bring Me My Bow #45
Caesars of the Bosphorus #68
Chamberlain Resigns #69

George Kearton

Published by SLP
Amazon UK, as at 12 noon, Monday 8th July

AH bestsellers
Drake's Drum #65

AH new releases
Drake's Drum #8
Boy in the Storm #19
Chamberlain Resigns #24
Bring Me My Bow #36
Caesars of the Bosphorus #42

George Kearton

Published by SLP
Amazon UK, as at 11.50am, Tuesday 9th July

AH bestsellers
Drake's Drum #44

AH new releases
Drake's Drum #4
Caesars of the Bosphorus #12
Bring Me My Bow #15
Boy in the Storm #19
Chamberlain Resigns #25

George Kearton

Published by SLP
Amazon UK, as at 11.30am, Wednesday 10th July

AH bestsellers
Drake's Drum #71

AH new releases
Drake's Drum #8
Caesars of the Bosphorus #21
Bring Me My Bow #22
Boy in the Storm #25

George Kearton

Published by SLP
Amazon UK, as at 9.30am Thursday 11th July

AH bestsellers - Drakes Drum #46

No other SLP books on either bestsellers or new releases - looking forward now to tranche eleven!

Amazon UK, as at 9.30am Thursday 11th July

AH bestsellers - Drakes Drum #46

No other SLP books on either bestsellers or new releases - looking forward now to tranche eleven!
With this record, I'm expecting to see Drake's Drum still on Bestsellers by the time tranche eleven comes along!
The S.L.P. titles art has been finished. Yet to photograph it and upload it. As an encore, drawing rows of all the series in the eighty-one titles, with spaces left blank for the as-yet-unpublished. From the categories on the "Our Books" page, I count twenty-five books which are series, counting the most recent books which are the first part instalments of a series, the total is up to thirty books. How many series, though?

David Flin

Is it possible to cry so much that you dehydrate?
The S.L.P. titles art has been finished. Yet to photograph it and upload it. As an encore, drawing rows of all the series in the eighty-one titles, with spaces left blank for the as-yet-unpublished. From the categories on the "Our Books" page, I count twenty-five books which are series, counting the most recent books which are the first part instalments of a series, the total is up to thirty books. How many series, though?
I can only speak for myself:

Six East End Boys forms a series (Six East End Boys; Tales From Section D; More Tales From Section D; Apostles of Section D; Reports from Independent London). The first two are published. More Tales is being redrafted, Apostles need significant reworking before it's ready, and Reports needs finishing. There are several other potential spin-offs.

Bring Me My Bow forms a series (Bring Me My Bow; Burning Gold; Arrows of Desire; Chariot of Fire; plus others). The first has been published. 2 and 3 are under consideration. 4 is nearing the end of first draft. There are many other potential spin offs, such as the Misadventures of Millicent.

Return of King Arthur may well have a kind of sequel. Alternate myths can be quite extensive.

That's my plan, at any rate. What happens is another matter.

NickP

Published by SLP
Just caught up on this very helpful discussion. Big thanks to those guys who were posting the positions!

Many thanks to Omund the Wooden leg. I really appreciate your interest and encouragement.

I'm not surprised "The Boy in the Storm" is a bestseller, the way it's hooking me. The backstory seems more interesting than the "race-against-time" between the Americans and the Nazis over our two Boltonians.