• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kindle rankings

Well done, Amazon.

Meanwhile I can still see an Erotica category when checking Amazon US!

(Imagine how high we'd rank if we put out Saucy Lion Press: Tales of Alternate Shagging)
Charles, that is interesting. I wonder if the self-publication set-up in the UK has diverged or if due to the problem that it caused, Amazon had restored the option.

In my book, Thinking of Writing Alternate History? I do have a short section in the chapter discussing AH as a 'frame' for other genres, which looks at the romance novels which have an AH starting point - I guess because it provides lots of nobles and monarchs to fall in love with than otherwise would be the case - and indeed a couple of an erotic nature that I saw commented on in The Guardian and hunted down. Those run into the kind of problems that we have discussed in these pages, e.g. a Nazi victory or a continuing Roman Empire with all its attributes. They end up being AH on the borders of John Norman books.

UK

AH
#4 Drake
#9 Pride
#11 Scottish
#20 Al Grito
#25 Penalty

Meta Scifi
#26 Mars

US

AH
#17 Drake
#40 Penalty
#48 Pride
#54 Al Grito
#67 Scottish

LGBT Mystery
#66 Mars

--

Drake's Drum is also #35 in overall UK Military History and #64 in overall AH, and Pride us #9 in LGBTQ+ Short Stories

UK Hot New AH

#4 Drake
#10 Free and Happy Land
#15 Pride
#19 Scottish
#21 Man Made Hell
#25 Grito
#29 Penalty

US Hot New AH

#15 Drake
#34 Happy
# 37 Grito
#51 Pride
#72 Scottish

Drake is also #28 in general AH sellers (UK)

Back