• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Is there a limit on how many threads one member can start within a certain time?

Yeah, if someone wants to impose some rules in regards to this, I'm certainly willing to obey. I generally do try to have my threads have some substance and "meat" in them, but Yes, I might be creating too many of them. :(

@iainbhx As said user has been banned, I think you should lock this thread. However, I request you to clarify us first. I'm genuinely curious as to whether there's a limit on how many threads an user can post within a certain time period.

We've not ruled on this and I don't think we intend to and would take it on a case by case basis.

The former user was creating a lot of threads but was also getting a decent amount of replies and creating interest, we were keeping an eye on it but felt as of the last time we discussed it which was on Saturday that it wasn't doing any harm.

Always worth remembering that the mods are in four different time zones and that we prefer to act after a discussion.

We've not ruled on this and I don't think we intend to and would take it on a case by case basis.

The former user was creating a lot of threads but was also getting a decent amount of replies and creating interest, we were keeping an eye on it but felt as of the last time we discussed it which was on Saturday that it wasn't doing any harm.

Always worth remembering that the mods are in four different time zones and that we prefer to act after a discussion.

Thanks for the clarification. Now, as CaliGuy has been banned, shouldn't you lock this thread?

This experience is one of those strange narrative conclusions, because he stopped when I asked him to. Which on the one hand should notionally be how the board works and we shouldn't have mods intervening when there's no need, but OTOH 'mass necrorevival of threads from years back is bad' is pretty standard on forums and I find it odd that this was an issue for debate amongst the powers that be.

I also can't help feeling that his extremely short posting career has a degree of spillover bearing on how desirable a behaviour this is as well.

Back