• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Interviewing the AH Community: Alex Burcher

I love that Roth didn't know AH existed while writing some of it!

This bit sticks out: "Some may say that in eight centuries the world would have diverged from ours more than I have described. Maybe. We cannot really know." Feels that the worlds should be completely alien to us but if they were, well, the story's not going to be as interesting or the AH setting as clear - you can't tell a thriller about a Moorish England if it's too unrecognisable as either thing.

This bit sticks out: "Some may say that in eight centuries the world would have diverged from ours more than I have described. Maybe. We cannot really know." Feels that the worlds should be completely alien to us but if they were, well, the story's not going to be as interesting or the AH setting as clear - you can't tell a thriller about a Moorish England if it's too unrecognisable as either thing.

It's a tightrope sometimes. Too similar and it feels too artificial. Too different and readers can't identify with it.

Back