• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

I just got a book club to read Agent Lavender

I just got a book club on a Discord server I'm on to read Agent Lavender. It's going to be very interesting to see how non-alternate history fans react to the book...
Funnily enough, a friend of mine and @Lord Roem's is discussing it with her book club on Saturday!

Our friend's book club really liked it! Very positive feedback, they bought the motivations of the various characters and liked the twists and turns, and the high number of real people who appear.

Update:

The book club has finished reading part one. Some comments:

"did you get the feeling that the book was almost made for tv or something?"

"It's interesting how there are little changes hinted at in this world's history"

"It's almost jarring how quickly it's moving from setting to setting."

"I wish I had more of a context for some of these people."

Update:

The book club has finished reading part one. Some comments:

"did you get the feeling that the book was almost made for tv or something?"

"It's interesting how there are little changes hinted at in this world's history"

"It's almost jarring how quickly it's moving from setting to setting."

"I wish I had more of a context for some of these people."
Heh.

On the last one, I've recommended to some non-historians that they should keep Wikipedia close at hand when reading it. That has worked for most.

Question: Would there be consideration of publishing an edition with a short dramatis personae in the back or front as a quick-reference? Not super-detailed or spoiling surprises but a quick "Here's the bare minimum to know to follow the story".

Question: Would there be consideration of publishing an edition with a short dramatis personae in the back or front as a quick-reference? Not super-detailed or spoiling surprises but a quick "Here's the bare minimum to know to follow the story".
I am reminded of this: http://www.anthonymayer.net/ah/thaxted/thaxteda.html (Though how much that could be described a "useful for actually following the story", Im not sure).

Another option might be just to link to an online resource; I've thought about if that might be a good thing for colour or high-resolution maps and other graphics that don't work well on Kindle, I know some authors do it.

I started work on one when we were putting it together for publication. It was actually too much work, to be perfectly honest.

Maybe we’ll do one in the future.

Back