• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

House of Bacch Zine

Sijie Liang

Chef. Ostrich Rider. Calligraphy Enthusiast.
(wasn't sure where to post this, thought this was probably the most suitable section)

HOUSE OF BACCH ZINE AUGUST 2019

So for the past few weeks in my spare time, I've been working on a nerd interest zine, mostly Alternate History but I plan to diversify in future issues, and I'm glad to say it's finally done. I'm proud to present the very first issue.

Huge thanks to my mate Luis for the design on the final PDF version of the Bacch Zine. It should be accessible via the Google Drive link provided but let me know if you have any trouble seeing it. Additional thanks to this issues contributors: Winsen, Simon, Kosta, Fran and Blair . You the real MVPs! 😍

I am now taking feedback, commentary and contributions for the next month's issue in September. No strict guidelines on the contributions in terms of content and themes but nothing too long, I'd say 1500 words max.

Deadline for the draft is the 15th September, 11:59PM GMT.

Commentary and feedback can go to my private forum inbox. However I'd prefer longer form contributions such as stories and articles, or contributions with pictures, to be sent to my email address, sijieliang01@gmail.com.

Please enjoy and let us know what you think

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-SbGGdLYSIFsuk7aAFLIXTmCR3j4Ilg3/view?usp=drivesdk

Bacch Zine August 2019 Front Cover.jpg

Last edited:
Would I be right in assuming that there is no payment for accepted contributions?

The first issue was done all with volunteers but I do expect that some writers will want compensation for their work. Hopefully we can work something out, I'm willing to pay, albeit not much, as I'm currently only working part time.

@David Flin Thanks for the advice. :)

It is a labour of love. I did intend moreso to build a team of volunteers, yet at the same time, I feel a little slack not to pay as I know creative work is not easy work.

I wouldn't even know where to start when it comes to monetising or professionally publishing the zine. I probably wouldn't be able to pay professional/industry rates for the foreseeable future. A friend suggested crowdfunding as an alternative, I am considering it but I too have no clue where to start.

As for the recipe, I am a chef after all and I felt there needs to be more food in AH.:p

Hey, I found this via Twitter and downloaded it yesterday- I'll take a look as soon as I can. Congratulations on producing it!

Hey, I found this via Twitter and downloaded it yesterday- I'll take a look as soon as I can. Congratulations on producing it!

Thanks! 😊 Interesting you found it on Twitter though, I didn't put it up on Twitter. Means a reader did. What was the handle of the Twitter account that shared it, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey looks great I've only just seen this and would be interested in submitting to the next issue after September. Same offer as David I'll do it for free.

Looks pretty darn good- I'll have to look into a copy, and maybe see if I can put out an article or two for it.

Hey looks great I've only just seen this and would be interested in submitting to the next issue after September. Same offer as David I'll do it for free.

That's awesome. In that case, I'll stay in touch. Thanks for offering to contribute. That's great news to me! 😃

Looks pretty darn good- I'll have to look into a copy, and maybe see if I can put out an article or two for it.

Great! Let us know what you think. I'm excited to see what you can come up with! 😃

I've had a stressful emotional past few weeks and haven't been able to work on the zine as much as I'd like. Also sadly, I haven't received the kind of response that I'd like. Not many people have sent in feedback, commentary or contributions for the next issue.

I had originally planned to get the second issue done, in draft form, by the 15th but we're well past that date now. I've considered releasing a bimonthly/double thicc version next month instead since I'm not sure I'll get September's one done. So it'd be a September-October issue.

Plus it also means more content per issue. I'll give myself some breathing room as well as other people time to chip in.

Attached is the link again to the first/August issue of Zine. And if you can't help out with contributions, please share it around with your friends. Maybe they'd be interested in helping out. I've exhausted all platforms myself. 😛 I even spruiked this shit on Twitter and Mastodon. 😝

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-SbGGdLYSIFsuk7aAFLIXTmCR3j4Ilg3/view?usp=drivesdk

Back