• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Goering if Hitler dies in early 1939?

How does Hitler himself die?

You might see a different succession depending on how, where and when the Fuhrer passes.

The forum's favourite* AH author Sean Gabb has Hitler get crushed by the armoured car he's in overturning on a patch of ice during his victory tour of Prague.

I always thought that was one of the few genuinely good elements of The Churchill Memorandum. A shame it's then wasted on a scenario where Nazi Germany remains at peace for the next two decades and does absolutely nothing to launch any attacks on France, Russia or the UK

This gets my approval.

It's a delightfully awkward PoD - far too late to change the course of rearmament and militarisation; much too early for the typical 'Festung Europa' scenario like that seen in AANW or other stereotypical AH tales where Nazi Germany is safely in control of a continent

It's a delightfully awkward PoD - far too late to change the course of rearmament and militarisation; much too early for the typical 'Festung Europa' scenario like that seen in AANW or other stereotypical AH tales where Nazi Germany is safely in control of a continent
It's more that it reflects the very OTL reality of the initial German occupation of Prague - trucks and tanks breaking down, soldiers having to ask bewildered cops how to get to Prague Castle, and Hitler himself casually remarking "get rid of it" when seeing Petrin Tower (it's still there today).

Far from the ubermensch stomping all before them - it was pretty haphazard in places.

The forum's favourite* AH author Sean Gabb has Hitler get crushed by the armoured car he's in overturning on a patch of ice during his victory tour of Prague.

I always thought that was one of the few genuinely good elements of The Churchill Memorandum. A shame it's then wasted on a scenario where Nazi Germany remains at peace for the next two decades and does absolutely nothing to launch any attacks on France, Russia or the UK
A link to the timeline.

This is no mere timeline, mortal

'Tis the greatest Alternate History novel ever written*

*It really isn't, it's utterly terrible and shouldn't be read by anyone else, just me was bad enough
Still if it is so terrible, it should be spread to more people so that not one person like you should not be forced to carry the weight of having read it on you.

Wouldn't Goering violent toxicomany lead him to be as erratic, if not more, than Hitler with less political legitimacy?

Back