• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Freedom Rings

finnnosam

Hello all, this is my alternate geography/history world, with the basic idea being that the US states are in a confederation with each other, and each one is roughly country sized. I swear that I am not just creating unions for the fun of it, and that I filter my desires through a historical lens (the only real exception is the US). Note that this is a US wank, with states on all continents, especially in North/South America. I use the VT-BAM projection, which is basically just a very large equirectangular projection, which has been worked on by several people over the course of a couple of years. I'll link the Reddit posts that I made for a few of the US's states, although some of them are a bit outdated (you can look at the images of the continents/regions that I will post shortly to see the most up-to-date version). I'd also like to note that certain things like idealogy/leaders/similar are just to help make it look/feel real, and not just an image on a screen.

North America. It is mostly complete, I mostly just need to get all the Provinces and such done. Everything shown on here is part of the US (except Greenland/the Russian bit)
SPGGTTo.png

South America so far. Just like NA, everything is part of the US, excluding the British colony at the bottom. (the green bit is undecided so far)
Z0cG5bl.png

Europe so far. I'm not sure how much of these borders will remain unchanged between WW1 and the modern day. This is a Central Powers victory scenario, in which Italy and the US join on the side of the Central Powers.
HC3tf8h.png

Colonial Africa so far. There are some edits that I need to make, and then I can start working on the modern day version. I should note that Liberia and The Republic of Maryland (directly to the east of Liberia) are US states (shapes not finalized). Also once again, Central Powers victory
eZqoSSc.png

The middle east so far. This mostly just shows that there is a united Arabia, most of everything else can be seen in the other images. The white by India is just not colored in yet, as I haven't done India yet.
jFVVFa4.png

Some information regarding California (note that this is a copy/paste from when I answered someone's question involving the history of California and Utah on Discord):

California was founded very early on (it is one of the very first nations in the Americas to follow the US's lead in revolting), and signed up to the US fairly late (late 1800s). It has historic ties to Mexico and some to England (After it was clear that England was going to lose NA, they started trying to influence nations/regions like California, in order to have an at least minor presence on the continent). The ethnic makeup is about %50-%50 white aka "Californian" to something that could be considered a subset of Mexican aka "Californio" (these terms are the best descriptions to use, and not "Yankee", or "English", or "Mexican/Latin-American" (at least for those who are native born)). The white portion of the population is %50-%50 (these aren't exact of course) English to Yankee, I feel like the Yankee doesn't need to be explained, as that group tends to spread itself all over NA, while the English is a result of England increasing its influence in the region/when British Canada fell, some fled to California. Early on in its history, it was a "Mexican" country, which slowly evolved over time. California has Spanish and English both as the Primary language (aka they area equal in the eyes of the government, and most officials are bilingual). California is one of the only States to be given a special exception when it comes to war, in that if the US goes to war with the UK/England, then California isn't required to join if it doesn't want to (this is the primary demand they had when they joined the US). Governmentally, California is a Parliamentary Democracy, a lot like OTL European countries (I even tend to think of it like OTL Europe, but in America), meaning that they have a plethora of parties, and everything that comes with the system. They are a light federation, where each department has its own power, however they have no illusion of being independent, like how the OTL US states do.

(Same thing as above, but this time for Utah):

Utah was founded some time after the Mexican-American war, and some people call it one of the "Artificial States", which it shares with Oregon, and partially Texas, as they were not they're own thing before the US got the territory (it tends to be more Mexicans/similar groups that put Texas in that group). There was actually a very heated debate about whether that region should become Deseret, or whether it should become New Mexico (it being New Mexico would mean that it would culturally/religiously like the east coast states). New England/Columbia/Dixie were obviously in favor of it becoming New Mexico, while for the most part Louisiana/Mexico wanted Deseret, in order to not allow the "Yankees" to dominate the political structure of the US. This eventually led to a compromise, where it would be a toned down version of Deseret, now dubbed Utah in order to reflect the changes. Utah is highly religious, with Mormons being much more common than in OTL, and most of the rest of the population being some degree of Christian (There is even a decent Muslim population in Utah) (it should be noted that relations between the Abrahamic religions is significantly better than in real life, at least in Utah, although other religions do tend to be discriminated against more heavily). Utah is fairly well known for being the home of a disproportional amount of missionary missions, compared to the rest of the states/nations of the world. It is a federal system, much like the OTL US and the East Coast States. One of the big things about Utah's Provinces is that Diné is actually a Native-American province, with the Navajo being the leaders of the Province (and where the name is from). Many native tribes have been kicked out of the other states, and they were allowed to settle in Utah (most going to Diné). (I am considering making one of the Provinces into a Jewish Province, since the Jews can't have have an independent nation in Palestine, because of the Arabic nation that controls much of the Middle East).

Back