• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

For King & Country: An immersive theatre experience based on Operation Sea Lion

Just came back from this, and had tremendous fun. I was PM, and if our War Minister spread our resources rather too thinly the Home Secretary was quietly terrifying (Mosley was shot out of hand and troubled us no longer,) and the Propaganda Minister wrote some wonderful speeches.

I'm not sure I can make it tomorrow, but this was the most fun I've had at theater in ages.

Upon reflection, I am going to shamelessly boast that several audience members congratulated me on my performance, so I feel that my defiant speech calling on Parliament not to surrender must have gone well.

'I shall not lead a government that licks the jackboot of Herr Hitler!'

Upon reflection, I am going to shamelessly boast that several audience members congratulated me on my performance, so I feel that my defiant speech calling on Parliament not to surrender must have gone well.

'I shall not lead a government that licks the jackboot of Herr Hitler!'

I'm sure the Wehrmacht firing squad were deeply moved

Just came back from this, and had tremendous fun. I was PM, and if our War Minister spread our resources rather too thinly the Home Secretary was quietly terrifying (Mosley was shot out of hand and troubled us no longer,) and the Propaganda Minister wrote some wonderful speeches.

I'm not sure I can make it tomorrow, but this was the most fun I've had at theater in ages.
Very glad you enjoyed it - sorry I wasn’t there. I normally play Dougie, if you were wondering.

The play's run is done, and now I can only hope whoever played 1944 last beat the bloody hun or that'd be well depressing!

Not as AH as FK&C (though it technically is in an alternative universe), but the same company has now got Crisis? What Crisis? up and running.

1557837026001.png

We were in the Evening Standard last week, and sales are up - I'm in it again, this time playing an overtired Deputy Press Sec for Number 10. Come help me save Sunny Jim!

It comes @Lord Roem approved:

Not as AH as FK&C (though it technically is in an alternative universe), but the same company has now got Crisis? What Crisis? up and running.

We were in the Evening Standard last week, and sales are up - I'm in it again, this time playing an overtired Deputy Press Sec for Number 10. Come help me save Sunny Jim!

It comes @Lord Roem approved:

I'll be along on Friday, having received a letter from Sunny Jim today. Being a party member will feel a bit strange.

I had fun tonight. Negotiating with unions and dealing with the press was certainly a different way to spend an evening. There are a few in jokes/references that members of this forum might pick up on which I certainly enjoyed. I also liked that I was remembered enough to be assigned to my native department by someone other than @Meadow. Now, hopefully I didn't linger too long and I can make my last train home.

A really enjoyable experience - I almost feel guilty for enjoying it too much. Immersion to the point where I genuinely felt emotionally invested in what was happening. The props were on point, and the Home Office posters had me fooled for genuine reproductions.

I was as bad at negotiating with the NUM as I should have expected to be, but my favourite bit was helping to bring one particular special advisor in, and thereafter assisting a Dark Arts division blackmailing half of Westminster. I didn't expect to turn evil as a character, but it really was delightful fun.

My partner absolutely loved it, and was gushing all the way back to London Bridge. Bravo to everyone involved, and a special thanks to @Meadow for putting it on my radar, and thereby making my Birthday weekend.

Back