• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

'England Expects': Immersive show For King & Country gets an online prequel

Meadow

The 2024 General Election (2025)
Administrator
Sea Lion Press staff
Published by SLP
Pronouns
he/him
As some of you know, I'm involved in my other life with creating immersive shows that work more like games than traditional storytelling. The audience has a say in how the story progresses, and in some cases, can even 'win' or 'lose'. I've written about Parabolic Theatre's particularly AH-friendly piece, For King & Country, before for SLP, and of course last year I created Crisis? What Crisis?, a Winter of Discontent simulator.

Times are hard for companies like Parabolic, but we've been resilient and are finally ready to unveil our newest project: England Expects. As the title suggests, the theme is naval, and events take place just a month earlier than For King & Country. If you've wondered how the Royal Navy fared in the events leading up to the invasion of Britain, now's your chance to find out.

It goes on sale tomorrow and it begins operating next month. While playing it over Zoom necessitates some degree of silliness has to be baked into proceedings, tests have shown it's a compelling game and a fun challenge for teams working together as they crew ships and head across the Mediterranean. Jerry has taken Gibraltar and time is running out to get Cunningham and the Mediterranean Fleet home to protect Blighty - but along the way, you must gather vital intelligence before the RN abandons the Med.

I'd humbly suggest that a team of SLP users would have a great time with it, so if people want to organise a team booking, go right ahead. Tickets begin at around £15 and probably won't stay that low, so get in early while you can.

1592483209984.png

I know I didn't sign up for the previous ones but I think I will for this one.

Oh, and shoutout to @Gorro Rubio who helped me out with Some Content in it.
"But how can we tell if this alleged agent and former Republican fighter who's radioing us from the coast is genuine or acting under duress and trying to give us some subtle clue? And why does he keep going on about wanting chorizo in his paella?"

Do you have any ideas for when the showtimes will be? I want to do this for sure and might have some friends that do but it's very time zone dependant.
They are evenings in the UK (at the moment), which may work for ESTers as it's just middle of the day there.

Get enough people together and you could club in for a private show at a time of your choosing - if enough of the cast can get together at that time too, of course. It's a brave new world.

They are evenings in the UK (at the moment), which may work for ESTers as it's just middle of the day there.

Get enough people together and you could club in for a private show at a time of your choosing - if enough of the cast can get together at that time too, of course. It's a brave new world.
I'll try to see how many I can get firm confirmation on at least.

Back