• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Max's election maps and assorted others

Actually I was going to ask - have you or anyone else done a map of the parliamentary election showing votes by coalition rather than by party?
Yes indeed, none other than Oryxslayer:

DmtP9U_WwAESZ7e.jpg:large

(sorry about the horrendous JPEG, blame twitter)

That awkward moment when it is you lecturing me about my country’s mythological past.
I had this book of Norse myths growing up, though I occasionally put a foot wrong because the author decided to inconsistently anglicise (or at least 'make look less alien') some of the names, so I never learned the 'smartphone dating app' spellings of some of the beings involved.

I had this book of Norse myths growing up, though I occasionally put a foot wrong because the author decided to inconsistently anglicise (or at least 'make look less alien') some of the names, so I never learned the 'smartphone dating app' spellings of some of the beings involved.

I don’t think I can really blame you, because Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish sources never use the original Norse spelling anyway. We say Oden and not Odin, Loke and not Loki, and Leif Eriksson and not Leifur Eiriksson.

I don’t think I can really blame you, because Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish sources never use the original Norse spelling anyway. We say Oden and not Odin, Loke and not Loki, and Leif Eriksson and not Leifur Eiriksson.
Ah, well, it did have Odin and Loki, but I mean things like Rolf rather than Hrolf, Biarki instead of Bjarki, Jormungander instead of Jormungandr* , etc. It did however call the wolf Fenrir (which is perfectly pronounceable to an English-speaker) and not "Fenris" like every tiresome American/Warhammer thing that takes names from Norse mythology has it as.

* I have a vivid memory of being in Year 4 or 5 at primary school and dashing home at lunchtime to look up the name for a report on Norse mythology because I had forgotten what it was, and left a space in the report just before ' - the World Serpent' so I could fill it in. And then I got it wrong anyway because I wrote 'Jorgamunder'. Weird what sticks with you.

1986. I've tracked down a CSV file of the complete results, but CSV files never ever render properly for me.

Ah, the last proportional vote we had for députés.

Mitterrand doing his best to ratfuck the RPR and the UDF, and giving us 35 or 36 FN députés.

Then Pasqua did his charcutage and even though it was him doing it, it was still better than the mess Mitterrand gave us.

Back