• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Max's election maps and assorted others

In general they seem to have gone for a "just draw slices of the city" approach, which I would normally fault them for, but AFAIK a lot of Rome's suburban structure genuinely worked like that at the time. Of course, the absolutely massive post-war growth (IIRC, in 1948 Rome was only just barely the largest city in Italy) messed with that, but you could say that about any number of these boundaries really. And yet they stayed unchanged until 1992 everywhere but Friuli.

Considering that they determined the election of one or two people in each election, I suppose they thought it didn't really matter.

Considering that they determined the election of one or two people in each election, I suppose they thought it didn't really matter.
Well, one or two people were directly elected, but every elected senator stood in a constituency and their voteshares determined who was elected for each party. So I don’t think they were quite useless, but obviously they didn’t actually determine seat distribution by party, which takes away a lot of the more dicey issues.

What's going on in the Peloponnese with those grey ones?
Shit, left a colour off the key. That's the Independent Political Alignment, aka the Greek version of the Italian Social Movement. Fortunately they didn't last as long.

EDIT: Oh, and I left off the EKE in Ioannina as well. Because obviously.

Last edited:
I now want the TL where Greece is a complete duopoly apart from Crete where the Liberals have a death-grip on the island.
Probably not too hard, you just need to have a Venizelos stay in politics after 1960 and you avoid their shift of eternal fealty from them to the Papandreou family.

Beautiful maps! :) How much time and effort does it take you to make each map?
That varies hugely. Anything from a few hours to a week or two, depending on whether I have ready access to data (both voting and geographical data) or need to make a spreadsheet, whether I have a base already drawn that I can just colour in or whether I have to draw a whole new one, and of course, how many different things there are to fill in.

Bundestag 1953
This was probably one of the more time-consuming ones, because the only point working in my favour was having a base sort-of done from 1949, plus the CSVs from the Bundeswahlleiter that were sort of half-done, only needing me to add percentages to get what I'd need.

Bundestag 1953
val-de-1953.png

The Bund der Heimatvertriebenen und Entrechteten sounds rather unnerving, but I can see why such a pressure group might be necessary so maybe they're fine.

*checks*

Nope, literally the 'ex-Nazis are so hard-done by' group. Moving on.
Entrechtet was literally a euphemism for "disenfranchised war criminal".

I don't need to say that most of their leadership went over to the CDU, do I?

Back