• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Days of Future Past: Part 1

The first few questions gave me a sad.

Asking the primary school AndyC back in the early Eighties about the future, and I'd have really thought some of those were going to come true.

I rather hope that, in addition to sources from the 20th Century, some space might be devoted to earlier works. In particular, we have the Verne/Wells rivalry (dynamite or cavourite as rocket propulsion).
There's that prediction of London in 1957 from 1857 I posted a while ago, though it's not a famous example like Verne/Wells.

A fascinating and well-reasoned article @RyanF and I think exactly the sort of high-quality content that the SLP blog needs in its attempts to drag Alternate History as a genre out of the depths of the 'Hitler Wins' and 'Robert E. Lee Wins' doldrums that it currently rest in.

Eagerly awaiting the next article - and indeed it's rather got me thinking about a contribution I could make about the counterfactual development of armoured fighting vehicles.

I rather hope that, in addition to sources from the 20th Century, some space might be devoted to earlier works. In particular, we have the Verne/Wells rivalry (dynamite or cavourite as rocket propulsion).

Wells will loom large in the next installment, related somewhat to ASBs, including Verne's dig at Wells to show him some cavorite.

A fascinating and well-reasoned article @RyanF and I think exactly the sort of high-quality content that the SLP blog needs in its attempts to drag Alternate History as a genre out of the depths of the 'Hitler Wins' and 'Robert E. Lee Wins' doldrums that it currently rest in.

Part of the motivation to write this was to look at AH as a setting more than a genre in itself. Looking at it less as 'successful Sealion' and more as 'a thriller set in a Nazi occupied Britain.

Back