• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Current kicks and bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses
Patreon supporter
Published by SLP
The below are users who are currently kicked or banned, other than those on fishing trips (for which, see The Pond):

Bans

The Lone Centurion / Jane Waterbury — 18 March 2019
Polemarchos - 8 August 2019
Hendryk - 19th September 2019 - Off Topic Ban
Portcullis/RQ7y7 - 28th November 2019
Der Mecklenburger - 22nd December 2019
Archibald - 6th April 2020
CaliGuy - 12th April 2020
Gatorade - 30th April 2020
Heavy - 3rd September 2020
ImperialGermanKomandant - 22nd February 2021
Albert the Singularity - 13th August 2021
tukarambhakt - 16th August 2021
Abdul Hadi Pasha - 16th March 2022
AYC - 28th September 2022
Graycatbird42 - 6th October 2022
The Planck Multiverse - 20th November 2022
allthepresidentsmen - 16th December 2022
Max Sinister - 30th December 2022
qaz_plm - 25th March 2023
bablos - 26th March 2023
lerk - 28th October 2023
Catalunya - 30th October 2023
Ingsoc - 7th November 2023
UlanaKhomyuk - 27th February 2024
TheKennedyMachine - 6th March 2024

Kicks

MernStahl - 1st April 2024
Arthur_Phuxache - 1st April 2024

The Lone Centurion has been banned from this forum. As the final reason for the ban was due to PMs, and thus the ban message is not publicly viewable, I have provided it below for the purposes of openness between the moderation staff and the community.

Ciclavex said:
I and the other moderators of the Sea Lion Press Forums have received reports of your harassment of several members through unsolicited and unwelcome personal messages including very questionable content indeed. This incident follows repeated infractions against this community’s rules, for which you have racked up a long series of actions in the form of warnings and kicks.

The last time I addressed you regarding these infractions, I told you that you were on your last chance.

That chance has now expired.

You are permanently banned, with immediate effect, from the SLP Forums community.

Given the circumstances, I would like to make a request that no member of the forum like this post. Any user who has questions or objections regarding this action may PM me or the other moderators, or Meadow, for any clarifications.

The Lone Centurion will be added to the bans above with a link to this public ban post.

Thank you.

Following lengthy discussion amongst the moderator team, Hendryk's kick has been made permanent. The reason is that the action of creating and keeping dossiers on fellow members and circulating such to the moderators or administrator with the express intent of getting them banned is incompatible with maintaining an environment where people do not feel pressured or harassed, regardless of whether they themselves are victims of such behaviour.

Although this specific method of destroying the civil environment was not highlighted previously, it falls within a category of unacceptable behaviour.

As with the post above, please do not like this post, and any user who has questions or objections with regards to this action should PM me, one of the other moderators, or Meadow.

On appeal, Hendryk’s ban has been confined to The Pub. He will not be able to see anyone’s posts there. He will be welcome to contribute to the other sections of the site.

Follow discussions and after two more attempts to register sockpuppets, it has been decided to make the ban on RQ7y7 and their sockpuppet Portcullis permanent. The original kick was imposed for uncivil behaviour by Portcullis but it quickly became clear that they were just a sockpuppet account.

As with the post above, please do not like this post, and any user who has questions or objections with regards to this action should PM me, one of the other moderators, or Meadow.

Following an email exchange regarding how they felt they would be unready to participate properly in the SLP community for some years, King of Wessex's kick has been extended until February 2023.

Following a repeated pattern of insulting and uncivil behaviour towards other members by Archibald, the decision has been taken to ban him.

As usual, please refrain from liking this post.

CaliGuy has been banned after posting yet another link to a "race realism" site after having been specificially asked to desist from this.

As usual, please refrain from liking this post.

ImperialGermanKomandant has been banned for trying to whitewash Hitler in a proposed TL despite having been told this isn't acceptable by the mods before.

As usual, do not like this post.

We have taken the unusual step of banning a user due to their history outside of this site after complaints were made about prior harassment and fears that harassment might start on here.

The mods did considerable research on this and initially were in favour of maintaining the "no outside drama rule", but sufficient evidence was given that this user had previously harassed another user (to the extent of using their name in other places) that we did not want to take the risk of harassment starting here. The key difference here that between being a potentially abusive person and being a known abuser. We spent some time checking the reports and making sure that this user was the same one that had previously been identified. When it became clear that they were, we look the choice to remove them from the site.

We have indefinitely suspended sergentfox after several posts that suggest their account may have been compromised in some way. The user has been asked to get in touch with us and hopefully the situation can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

User Jukato has been kicked for 7 days for breach of Rule 1 in advocacy of some "race science" principles.

This has been upgraded to a full ban after evidence being given of this account being a sockpuppet of a previously banned user.

As ever please do not like this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back