• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

CSA ALL THE WAY

So this idea came about not so much in a desire to write TL-191 fanfiction but it began from a discussion about Mussolini "doing better." The Italian army adopts reforms from the Spanish civil war, they make more economic solid moves, etc, etc. Namely it was a list of longer then a page of what was needed for Italy to be ready to sweep into the Balkans taking Greece, Albania and Yugoslavia and giving Hitler the chance to move into Russia three months early. The discussion shifted to "WI Franco joins the war" or "WI Hitler did X and not Y" and more and more.

Eventually this started to form in my head this rather weird idea of what I did not see a lot in AH. Namely someone is a fascist and someone is authoritarian and someone is in charge... but they suck. Like, not they are not that good but they are awful. Cause more often then not when we get AH involving fascism it ends in some fascist world state or a cold war involving said fascist states. So I wrote out what I felt was an awful leader and gave him power. Petty pointless power. A few outlines later... Vernon Smeade.

Just bought my copy now, what you posted on the site was pretty interesting so I'm excited to read the whole thing.

The map has Tennessee annexed by the United States but Smeade doesn't mention that and it doesn't add up with the state totals getting crossed out on the flag.

The next Presidential election would have been in 1939.

Theres a few minor fact check issues but overall I enjoyed the book. The ending is a rather clever twist.

Last edited:
A little bit of that is my grandfather when he came back from Korea. Everyone told him to follow this very specific course. Work, marry, kids, house, done. He wanted to go to college in CA and Hawaii.

I've got to Smeade's time working for the paper. I love the little asides to how things are actually and how he doesn't notice, and the bit where he hasn't noticed the women around the office want to avoid him is a nice touch.

Well as Hitler, Franco, or even Mussolini had this almost impossible to explain charisma there must likewise be those who just talk a good game but in truth people can barely stand to be in the room with them.

Back