• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Crisis? What Crisis? - An immersive alternate 1979

Meadow

The 2024 General Election (2025)
Administrator
Sea Lion Press staff
Published by SLP
Pronouns
he/him
Yes, I'm back on my bullshit and Parabolic Theatre have once again enabled me to create a show so niche that surely nobody could ever possibly want to attend. Except you lot.

Taking place in London Bridge from mid-November onwards, Crisis? What Crisis? puts audiences well and truly in the driving seat of the action, by casting them as advisors to Jim Callaghan's government. We've got a deal to make with the lorry drivers, an economy to keep ticking over, and a vote of no confidence to win tonight. How hard can it be?

To be very clear, this really is game theatre before it's anything else - the audience's decisions are all taken into account and everything from how polite you are to Joe Gormley over the phone to what rate of VAT you think you can go up to will affect the many numbers behind the scenes of the show via a complex spreadsheet. All of this is communicated back into the show by talented actors, some of whom you'll rarely see as they'll be at the end of the real, working phone calls you can make throughout the show. On top of that, some audience members will go live on LBC, others will be interviewed for the Evening Standard, and how you present your government to the press is just as important as doing a good job.

The scenario is closer to reality than our Sea Lion-based WWII piece last year, but is still AH in a few subtle (and some unsubtle) ways. The situation is worse than OTL, basically. There's also tie-ins with that WWII show, for those of you who saw and enjoyed it. Little references that carry over, as well as some big ones.

We've just launched our trailer, below, and tickets are on sale here.

Actually, for all of my joking above, this is by far the interactive play I'm most interested in, even moreso than King and Country. I never had even a vague chance of attending K&C but I always had a genuine fear that my extroverted nature would have led to me overreacting and derailing everything in a "And now we turn to Third Platoon's orders for the 01:00-02:00 period" and become quite the annoyance

But with Crisis I can see that not being an issue because I genuinely have no idea where to even begin in this scenario.

Actually, for all of my joking above, this is by far the interactive play I'm most interested in, even moreso than King and Country. I never had even a vague chance of attending K&C but I always had a genuine fear that my extroverted nature would have led to me overreacting and derailing everything in a "And now we turn to Third Platoon's orders for the 01:00-02:00 period" and become quite the annoyance

But with Crisis I can see that not being an issue because I genuinely have no idea where to even begin in this scenario.

I'm thinking of November the 29th :) .

Back