• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Chains of Consequences: The Little Matter of VE Day

Damn it Thande why be three days late? If you'd done it two days earlier we could have done a Thande is Russian joke.

But all that said a very touching and educational piece.

Last edited:
Hang on, just because it wasn't said on air doesn't mean it didn't happen: Cassandra in The Daily Mirror used it. Wouldn't Livingstone have referenced that rather than the legend it had been said on the BBC?
I actually didn't know that - but it doesn't surprise me. Like how the "Peccavi" gag being a Punch joke that now gets repeated as though Napier said it. Anyway, I don't know if Livingstone knew one way or the other.

This obviously means that future generations will confidently report that Jeremy Corbyn was nicknamed Geoffrey Corbett or something.

Next you're going to tell me that Henry Morton Stanley didn't say "Doctor Livingstone, I presume?"

Next you're going to tell me that Henry Morton Stanley didn't say "Doctor Livingstone, I presume?"

Oh no, he pretty unambiguously said that loads of times. I mean chances are he didn't come up with it until several weeks after he met Livingstone when he decided to jazz up the story but he certainly said it.

Oh no, he pretty unambiguously said that loads of times. I mean chances are he didn't come up with it until several weeks after he met Livingstone when he decided to jazz up the story but he certainly said it.
I've always thought about Livingstone's response.

"Who the fuck else could I be, Man? I'm the only white face within 500 miles!"

Back