• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Cartographicum Thandeum

Tbh I think in this case it's just the ingrained assumption of a two-party system in the US.

I think this is the perfect opening for that one image, you know the one.

1273788.jpg

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but that's basically just New York flipped upside down, except for the absurd Senate situation?

Massachusetts State House & Senate elections @zaffre

The real reason for America's strong economy is the Unopposed Colour Shade Paint Factory hiring so many more workers to keep up with demand.

View attachment 6669View attachment 6670

Wait here a minute? How many unopposed Democratic constituencies are that?

It looks like one of those old Singaporean elections, where it was declared already on nomination day that the PAP had won, because in a majority (often a vast majority) of the constituencies, only the PAP had fielded candidates.

Wait here a minute? How many unopposed Democratic constituencies are that?

It looks like one of those old Singaporean elections, where it was declared already on nomination day that the PAP had won, because in a majority (often a vast majority) of the constituencies, only the PAP had fielded candidates.
Some US states are like that - in the Arkansas house, there are 100 seats and the Dems only fielded 56 candidates this time, and there are probably examples of it being mathematically impossible altogether.

However, they would never declare a win already on the day, because in America theoretically you could have people win on write-ins or something.

Some US states are like that - in the Arkansas house, there are 100 seats and the Dems only fielded 56 candidates this time, and there are probably examples of it being mathematically impossible altogether.

However, they would never declare a win already on the day, because in America theoretically you could have people win on write-ins or something.
They have when it's a Republican with a Green and Libertarian on the ballot paper IIRC.

Back