• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Caprice's Maps and What-Not

Finally! Multiple colours required!
Indeed, though the first properly competitive election was probably that of 1785, which was coincidentally the first one not to feature John Hancock. I tried to do red for Benjamin Lincoln, but it turned out kind of flat. I'll try upping the saturation in future, but this can definitely work for, say, a Republican splinter candidate. (Not the Democratic-Republicans, though; I have those pegged as more towards green than red.)

1784 was a fairly similar deal to 1783, though via town returns Ed Thomas was able to scrounge up... 101.36% of the votes officially accounted for. There's a 2%-or-so difference between the available town percentage for Hancock and the official percentage, so I was pretty imprecise, unlike for 1783.

1784-gov.png

And the 1783 election for Lt. Gov, which is similarly slightly unreadable. (All 100% shades bordering one another and all)

1783-ltgov.png

It's colonies time. Mostly as an excuse to iron out where the historical town borders were. Grey lines are guesses of various amounts of education. 17th century legislative proclamations were dreadfully useless.
1639.png

For the record, the guy born in Holland seems to have also been English; the Pilgrims stayed in Holland for a while before going to Massachusetts because they didn't want to be culturally assimilated by the Dutch. (The Eighty Years' War might've also played a part.)

present.png
I have a new Massachusetts basemap, to the same scale as the Plymouth Colony legislative maps. Not sure how I'll shove in the 74-at-one-point state representatives from Boston, especially since Boston was way smaller back then, but I'll find a way.

I've also been working on an actual website for my election stuff. Presently waiting to hear back on a public records request for the rest of the electors' names, as well for Massachusetts to certify its election results. I also need to figure out how to color links. (EDIT: I have figured out how to color links.)

1604787033146.png

Last edited:
Back