• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Caprice's Maps and What-Not

While it was effectively uncontested on the presidential question, the 1820 presidential election saw some Federalists chosen to the Electoral College, who chose a disorganized variety of vice-presidential candidates. Ohio and Kentucky are shown as unopposed as, while the positions of elector were contested, everyone agreed on the Monroe/Tompkins ticket, and results were spotty at best.

1820-pres.png

I found a book of information on the unreformed California state legislature, including district maps, for less than $10, so I guess California maps are happening after finals season.

1645394802138.png
Maine state house districts, 1914. Each district is given a unique color here, because by god were there so many non-contiguous districts. The biggest offenders are probably the red one in Androscoggin County and the yellow one in Sagadahoc County.

1645590339646.png

I'm doing a Thing of the 1914 Maine state elections for a GIS class final - so far I've gotten this map of the gubernatorial election by town where the red value is the Republican vote, the blue value is the Democratic vote, and the green value is the Progressive vote. I intend to improve it from here, of course, but I've gotten this far.

:dem:
Oakley C. Curtis - 62,076 (43.82%)
:rep:
William T. Haines - 58,885 (41.57%)
:prog:
Halbert P. Gardner - 18,226 (12.87%)
:soc:
Percy F. Moore - 1880 (1.33%)
:pro:
Frederick A. Shepherd - 597 (0.42%)

Here's my table of the results by town:

unknown.png