• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Buddy Holly et al not killed

What happens if the three musicians survive?

When this came up on the newsgroup, a certain SHWI poster decided to stick the knife in by stating that Buddy wouldn't have had much chance against Bob Dylan because "[Dylan] had the good looks and Buddy didn't".

Buddy Holly would become the guy that everyone collaborated with but that's about it.

The Big Bopper like all fat men who sing about a dance move that only fat guys can do will fade away absolutely.

I honestly don't know about Richie Valens to comment.

But yeah Dylan is going to eat Holly's fan base alive. Though like Dylan maybe Holly comes back some day.

Buddy Holly would become the guy that everyone collaborated with but that's about it.

The Big Bopper like all fat men who sing about a dance move that only fat guys can do will fade away absolutely.

But yeah Dylan is going to eat Holly's fan base alive. Though like Dylan maybe Holly comes back some day.
I think Valens would have the longest staying power, interestingly enough - he was the most “rock” of the artists who died, and I think there was a genuine niche for Chicano rock at that time.

And to dispute your thesis about fat guys singing about dance moves, we all remember Fat Joe.

Last edited:

Chubby Checker dislikes this post.

@Thande wrote a Tale of the Superpower Empire on just this theme, "The Day The Music Lived". With just a few minor corrections, it could work as a standalone vignette.

Back