• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Boom Boom Goes The Tank: Plotnukes and Plotting

The 'we'll nuke one city, just to remind you we can' approach definitely feels... off.

It might be a little bit of a digression, but I don't recall the second Death Star in Empire Strikes Back. Admittedly, my knowledge only really comes from the example of the Second Death Star as a Project Management Case Study, which I understand is fairly standard in many military developments. Construction starts well, then problems start to arise, specifications get changed, senior staff (in this case, Darth Vader) intervene to provide management teams with incentives to hasten production, and then the whole project is rendered moot by changing circumstances (in this case, being destroyed).

I'm sure those readers familiar with military procurement would be able to better comment.

I believe he's referring in that to something from one of the Extended Universe books.

Yeah, a comic or short story IIRC said there was a secret robot uprising being planned and they were going to hijack the Death Star II, but womp womp they got blown up too.

(The general stuff about how to get around the nuke issue is good too!)

Back