• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biblaridion's planetary worldbuilding

Hendryk

Taken back control yet?
Published by SLP
Biblaridion is a YouTuber who engages in linguistic and biological counterfactual speculation. His ongoing series on the evolution of life on an alien planet is quite interesting, and as far as I can tell from a layperson's perspective, well-researched. I find it an interesting example of worldbuilding from complete scratch: coming up with a planet and then imagining how its biosphere would develop over billions of years. Five episodes in he has ended up with a fairly complex ecosystem.

I really rate Biblaridion, I really like his style and am in awe of his linguistic knowledge, so this series was an icing on the cake moment for me. He's gone into such detail. I don't know how he finds the time to generate it all, but I'm very grateful he shares it with the rest of us.

Yet for all the depth and complexity he's built up so far, his biosphere is still only at a very early stage, very Pre-Cambrian in Earth terms. I can't wait to see where he evolves it all to in another 500 million years.

I really rate Biblaridion, I really like his style and am in awe of his linguistic knowledge, so this series was an icing on the cake moment for me. He's gone into such detail. I don't know how he finds the time to generate it all, but I'm very grateful he shares it with the rest of us.
This is the only biological worldbuilding video series I've watched so far, I'd be interested to know if there are others also worth keeping up with.

YT's Suggest-o-matic hasn't suggested any others to me yet, but if I come across any I'll let you know :)

Back