• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Anarchist Catalonia or Whole of Spain?

MAC161

Published by SLP
Recent beta reading on a Spanish Civil War-themed project (and chasing after the "Didn't Vote For You" achievement in HOI4) has gotten me wondering: What AH changes, drastic and/or minor, would have to occur for Anarchism to establish itself as a governing ideology in either Catalonia or the entirety of Spain? In the former case, I can only see it happening if Catalonia somehow becomes and stays independent, in the face of aggression from the central government and possibly other nations; have great doubts it could extend over the rest of the country, barring some drastic developments in/expansion of the ideology decades before the Civil War. Any thoughts on this, and does anyone know of any AH fiction dealing with it? Only one I've found so far is a passing reference to "Catalanist" anarcho-syndicalism in one of the stories in this kind of hit-and-miss anthology.

Back