David Flin just asked that in a PM! I hope he'll forgive me for quoting chunks of my reply to him.Misfits-1940s has a lot more gender equality than our own, is there a specific POD for that?
I'm intrigued as to whether you have the entire alt-Second World War sketched out in your head, or if it's more of a bare-bones approach that you augment depending on story requirements?Afternoon all! If anybody has any questions about the series or the Misfit Squadron world, I'll be happy to respond to them, unless I consider them a spoiler, in which case you'll just have to read the books to find the answer!
1. Yes, the "First Great War" did happen, in much the same way as WW1 did.A couple of questions about the world. Some of them may be spoilers, but I'd say that all questions pertain to the background of the story. I haven't read any of the books in the series yet.
1. Did a World War I equivalent ever occur?
2. What's the situation in France and Central Europe? America?
3. Are Communism and Fascism still dominant ideologies, or is Monarchism still a dominant ideology in the world? Are there any different ideologies that have occured?
4. When do the stories take place?
5. Is there one specific POD for the universe, or is it a series of smaller POD's?
I, as a writer, don't like to fully plan my books before I write them, I let them develop, letting the characters guide me almost, and often are surprised at the outcome. I am using the same approach with this series. So, at the moment even I don't know whether the Prussians are going to be defeated. I suspect they might, though!I'm intrigued as to whether you have the entire alt-Second World War sketched out in your head, or if it's more of a bare-bones approach that you augment depending on story requirements?
And will the conflict follow the general chronology of our timeline, or start to diverge?