• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

An Introduction to the “Look to the West” Series

Great intro to a great series.

I feel like one of the most interesting aspects of LTTW is its alternate historiography as well as its alternate history--the complete absence of class-based analysis and its replacement with a version almost based on national stereotypes is one of the things that makes the world feel tangibly different in a way that most TLs never achieve.

Great intro to a great series.

I feel like one of the most interesting aspects of LTTW is its alternate historiography as well as its alternate history--the complete absence of class-based analysis and its replacement with a version almost based on national stereotypes is one of the things that makes the world feel tangibly different in a way that most TLs never achieve.
That's very nicely done.
Thanks to both of you.

@Thande

You mention your fascination with the 18th century as a historical period. I've been meaning to learn more about the period myself. Are there any good books on aspects of the time period that you'd recommend?

@Thande

You mention your fascination with the 18th century as a historical period. I've been meaning to learn more about the period myself. Are there any good books on aspects of the time period that you'd recommend?
I think what first sparked my interested was 1759: The Year Britain Became Master of the World by Frank McLynn.

Back