• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

An Alternate History of the Roman Empire: Invasion of the Asylum Seekers

Do just want to give Tim some well deserved props for this series. I think its been very interesting and sticking to a weekly schedule for articles this long and involved is not easy. A lot of work has gone into this and I very much look forward to the book.

Thanks, Gary. For those who're interested, the book will see Late Roman history turned on its head in other ways from a longer-lived Julian partly emulating Alexander. It will be the often written-off Western Empire that has the stronger military 'presence' in the era, despite its problems, and the groundwork will be laid for a surviving Roman Empire to last into the modern era -though by integrating as much as conquering non-Roman regional elites. At the moment I'm recasting my alternative history of the 18th century of the Christian era, in a hoped-for Book Six of the series.

I'm enjoying the series of articles interviewing AH authors very much, and comparing their processes of writing etc with mine. But in my case the writing started well before the internet got underway and I was doing it as a teenager by instinct and guesswork without any model to work with.

I'm enjoying the series of articles interviewing AH authors very much, and comparing their processes of writing etc with mine. But in my case the writing started well before the internet got underway and I was doing it as a teenager by instinct and guesswork without any model to work with.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean!

Back