• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

View attachment 25215

A hypothetical I had where Perot starts his political bid earlier.
Hmm, I wonder how the Democrats would react to this? I could definitely see the voices of folks like Jerry Brown and Jesse Jackson becoming louder in response. Also an earlier Perot joint that’s successful probably means the appearance of a Reform like party earlier which would definitely make the New Democrats feel awkward.

'88 is a very bad cycle for Perot (or any kind of outsider candidate) and '92 is a perfect one and Perot still totally fucked that.

I’ve seen ‘Perot was basically a Republican spoiler’ plenty of times but never seen the opposite of that.

Early polling in 1992 showed that Perot was taking votes overwhelmingly from Bill Clinton. By the actual election it had evened out, and maybe that was inevitable, but I imagine a Perot victory would be driven largely from bringing in traditional Democrat voters.

9dGQLLJ.png

Super Kid Icarus, known in Japan as A Mythology of Light: The Caduceus of Palthena, is the third game in the Kid Icarus series. It is a direct sequel to the NES Kid Icarus, and the GameBoy Kid Icarus: Of Myth and Monsters, which in this game is revealed to be a prequel to the first game.

The plot of the game is that Tanatos, the God of Death, has stolen Palutena's Caduceus, and is using it to revive the dead to serve as his army in order to liberate his master, Medusa. The game begins similarly to the first one, with Palutena captured, Medusa in power, and the Three Sacred Treasures separated. Many levels from the first game are recreated or reinterpreted, but played in a more traditional Metroid-style, with interconnecting screens and worlds instead of the first games level format.

The game features three big worlds to explore, Underworld, Overworld, and Skyworld, plus several shoot-em-up levels. The gameplay is similar to Super Metroid, where the player must traverse multiple large worlds, discovering Bow and Arrow power-ups, Health increases, secret rooms, and hot springs where the player can save and heal. The player can also find stores where they can buy maps to areas they haven't fully explored, item and health refills, extra lives, Kirby's Warpstar (which can teleport the player between shops), a demo of Super Metroid (that can be played at the title screen), and more.

In the shoot-em-up levels, Pit must defeat enough enemies, or score a high enough score, to proceed. If the best ending is unlocked, the player can choose any of the shoot-em-up levels to play on the file select. If all endings are unlocked, a secret bonus shoot-em-up level is unlocked, and if that is beaten, you unlock the ability to play the shoot-em-up levels again, this time as Samus' Gunship.

Marahiro Sakurai, better known for his work on Kirby with HAL Laboratory at the time, was asked to help out with the design and writing of the game. The game features several references to the Kirby series, as well as Metroid.

The game features five multiple endings, four of which depend on how much of the game is completed. The best ending (at 300% completion) has Pit turned into an adult by Palutena, who kisses him. The second-best ending (at 200% or more completion) has Pit return as a captain in Palutena's guard. The third-best ending (at 100% or more) has Pit guarding Palutena's throne room with a text crawl wondering if she'll ever return, implying she has either died, or disappeared. The worst ending (at less than 100% completion) has Skyworld in ruins, with the ending text asking if justice will ever rise again.

An alternate fifth ending has Pit betray Palutena for Medusa if he brings Palutena's Caduceus and the Letter of Evil with none of the Three Sacred Treasures collected to the final room of the game. There Pit is turned into an adult with black bat wings and kissed by Medusa as Palutena is trapped in a cage.

The game received good critical acclaim, and sold a respectable 750,000 copies by late 2000. A remake for the Game Boy Advance was planned for release in the Winter of 2005, and was mostly finished, but was canceled for unknown reasons. It was re-released in 2008 on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console.
---
Nofix's Video Game Wikiboxes:
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (SNES)
Chrono Break (PS2)
Metroid 64 (N64)
Metroid Dread (DS)
Gorochu (Pokémon Red and Green, GB)
Super Smash Bros. Tussle (DS)
Kangaschan (Pokémon 2: Gold and Silver, GB)

---​
This was the other wikibox idea I mentioned that I had brewing for a long time in the Tussle update, and what I meant by "it's not Metroid." But I got lazy again, and instead went to make the Kangaschan box instead (no offense Pit, baby Kanga is more cute). Either way, I got this done eventually. I've only played the original NES Kid Icarus (via Virtual Console), not Of Myths and Monsters or Uprising, but I want to one day (and have seen two LPs of Uprising, so I have a clue about the plot of that game... "plot" in quotations).

The source of the game box is Pixiy on deviantart.

can't phuck the huck

y0sobt.png

2019-2025: Mike Huckabee / Jeanette Nuñez (Republican)
2018: def. Andrew Gillum / Chris King (Democratic)
2022: def. Carlos Guillermo Smith / Andrew H. Warren (Democratic)

2025-2027: Jeanette Nuñez / Jason Shoaf (Republican)
2027-present: Darren Soto / Sean Shaw (Democratic)
2026: def. Jeanette Nuñez / Jason Shoaf (Republican)

2024 Republican presidential candidates (that withdrew during the primaries):
  • Governor Mike Huckabee of Florida - 1,323 delegates (nominee)
  • Senator Kris Kobach of Kansas - 531 delegates (endorsed Mike Huckabee)
  • Governor Raul Labrador of Idaho - 392 delegates (endorsed Mike Huckabee)
  • Governor Mike DeWine of Ohio - 203 delegates (endorsed Raul Labrador, then Mike Huckabee)
  • Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas - 77 delegates (endorsed Mike Huckabee)
  • Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri - 15 delegates (endorsed Kris Kobach, then Mike Huckabee)
  • Representative Justin Amash of Michigan - 6 delegates (endorsed Raul Labrador, then Mike Huckabee)
  • Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota - 1 delegate (endorsed Mike Huckabee)
  • Governor Jon Bramnick of New Jersey - 1 delegate (endorsed Mike DeWine, then Mike Huckabee)
  • uncommitted - 5 delegates
  • Governor Mick Cornett of Oklahoma - 0 delegates (endorsed Mike DeWine, then Mike Huckabee)
  • Senator Marco Rubio of Florida - 0 delegates (endorsed Mike Huckabee)
2017-2025: Hillary Clinton (NY) / Julian Castro (TX) (Democratic)
2016: def. Donald Trump (NY) / Mike Pence (IN) (Republican)
2020: def.
Ted Cruz (TX) / Chris Smith (NJ) (Republican)
2025-present: Mike Huckabee (FL) / Kristi Noem (SD) (Republican)
2024: def. Julian Castro (TX) / Gretchen Whitmer (MI) (Democratic)
2028: def. Jason Kander (MO) / Jennifer Carroll Foy (VA) (Democratic)

Last edited:
Back